Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 16 August 2010
Set out late May 2010 to walk the length of the GR10 solo, I took this guide, the ciccerone guide and also a couple of maps.
After only a couple of days I left the Ciccerone guide behind and only used the maps when the snow prevented me from continuing on the path or when I just wanted to check out other areas.
This guide is brilliant, it points out areas that may be tricking to navigate, gives information on where to stay on the route, it covers alternatives and also sections of the GR11, all in one small book that fitted perfectly into my pockets. I met many lost French people using the French Randonneurs guides (4 books) and helped them out along the way.
The pricing for the Refuges and gite d'etapes etc are now out of date, but that is to be expected.
With this guide, the route markings, 4 x 1:100 scale maps, good kit and very poor French I had one of the best trips of my life....it is a beautiful place with great people.
Looking forward to my next adventure....
on 19 August 2010
This is a compact but informative guide that should be used with the Rando edition maps (which can purchased in France quite easily).

BUT - as i found out - bear in mind that the time guides given in guide (eg "allow 8 hours to hike this section) do not make any allowance at all for stopping. So, when the book says eight hours hiking, that means at least ten hours unless you literally do not stop or slow down at all, ever (and let's face it, that's not very likely really).

Have fun!
on 21 April 2010
Does exactly what it says on the cover & description.

Walks are probably too much for me & my family, but good ideas and we'll probably do segments of the some walks & drive/bus/rail between sections.
on 15 October 2011
An excellent book, with clear accurate instructions about path-finding, and helpful distances and timings are given from place to place en route. Good background data, and very useful, up to date travel information.
on 4 May 2009
The only guide you need. I have used this excellent book to plan a series of walks and, compared to other guides, it is in a different league.