‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: Hedgerow Medicine: Harvest and Make Your Own Herbal Remedies (Hardcover)
Beautifully illustrated and very clear. It tells of the history and past uses of each plant, together with up to date information about current uses, It also gives advice on harvesting herbs and making your own preparations

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and easy to use, 23 Oct 2013
This is my bible for hedgerow medicine. The book I return to time and again for recipes to make tinctures, glycerites etc from plants growing wild, and bursting with nutrition, for free.
There are photos clearly identifying all the plants in the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, brilliant, what a great book., 22 Oct 2013
This is a brilliant book. Great illustrations and photos, wonderful and very interesting introduction to herbalism with very good remedies. This book has really opened my eyes to foraging and I always take a bag with me when out, just incase I come across a plant or tree I know I can use to make up another remedy. I made some delicious Rosehip syrup which is high in Vitamin C and I am looking forward to my spoonful of medicine each day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and empowering book., 12 Oct 2013
I love this book. It helps us to take our health into our own hands to some extent. I believe that we have everything we need around us and this book really shows you how to use all the amazing plant medicine in our own back yard. Thankyou.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, concise, informative, 1 Oct 2013
I love that there is a bit of everything you need - pictures, folklore, facts, but most importantly, a diverse range of recipes and their applications, all laid out logically and clearly, with a glossary of all the specialist terminology, and an index of all ailments and applications in the back. It focuses on common and therefore the most practical plants for general use in Britain. I couldn't recommend it more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adore this book, 29 Sep 2013
The research that has gone into this book is first class and also an interesting read. Photographs are good too, well laid out and easy to read, would have preferred it to have been a durable SB though for carrying on walks.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all serious herbalists, 22 July 2013
Excellent book, the photographs and text greatly assist with the correct recognition of the individual herbs, as well as giving a wealth of knowledge on history and uses of the herbs. Excellent service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Herbs, 5 July 2013
Love this book! Loved it so much got my Mum one too.

It has become a firm favorite, super photography, lots of information (really, lots) about tinctures and oxymels and vinigers and oils.....the list goes on. Great information about each plant itself very detailed, wonderful clear set out, and step by step guidelines on harvest and preparation of the herb/plant.

I really liked this book, I have many books about herbs, old and new, and this one is my favorite by far Would reccomend everyone owned a copy..

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, 2 Jun 2013
Very informative and helpful. This is one of those books that you keep forever because you will always find the answers you need in it. The descriptions, versatility, options given are very useful. This was a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hedgerow medicine., 9 May 2013
Julia Polyblank (OAKLAND, CALIFORNIA, US) - See all my reviews
A lovely book that is helping me dscover wild plants and their medicinal benifits. Its clear to read, good pictures and informative. It was recommended to me by my tutor.

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›

Hedgerow Medicine: Harvest and Make Your Own Herbal Remedies
Hedgerow Medicine: Harvest and Make Your Own Herbal Remedies by Matthew Seal (Hardcover - 15 May 2008)
11.89