4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first one, but provides a great read
Published on 22 April 2009 by Fernando Perez Iglesias

3.0 out of 5 stars Bouncers read books as well!
Published on 24 Oct. 1998

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first one, but provides a great read, 22 April 2009
This review is from: Bouncer (Hardcover)
I ordered the two sequels to the brilliant Watch my Back as soon as I discovered they actually existed. Watch my Back was a book I could not put down from the moment a friend lent it to me and I read a paragraph. It's quite possibly the most entertaining book I've ever read because it's a brilliant mixture of autobiography and street savvy and philosophy from a man who's probably one of the best in the world at practical martial arts fighting, that is, on the streets. Bouncer follows up with some more anecdotes thrown in, providing another great read albeit a third of the length that Watch my Back had. However, commercial-wise it's a bit bollocksy because what Geoff did was basically recount a few of the most impressive confrontations from Watch my Back and just tell them in a different perspective and with other words, throwing in 3 or 4 additional dangerous and often sad anecdotes that happened not only to him, but also to friends of his. Other than that small glitch, I still love the guy's work, I love the way he writes and pulls no punches (no pun intended) on every detail, punching, kicking, maiming and gouging in the 300 bloody confrontations the fellow had on the door. Pity it was only 200 pages long but nevertheless, still proved a satisfying read. Having read this trilogy, Geoff Thompson is a man who I'd deffinately love to meet and train with. In a nutshell, not as fun as the first book but still recommended to fans of the man.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bouncers read books as well!, 24 Oct. 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Bouncer (Hardcover)
I liked this book but do not think it was as good as Geoffs first book 'Watch my back'. This is one of Geoff books that you must read if you enjoy autobiography style books. Other books of a similar nature to read are Lenny McLeans book 'The Guvenor' and also 'Thugs mugs and violence' by Jamie O'Keefe. If you want to find out about training to be a door supervisor you should also read Jamie O'Keefe's book 'Old school-New school' which it the first bouncers book I read which recomended Geoffs books. Geoff is a great writer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Real life danger, 7 Mar. 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Bouncer (Hardcover)
This book has opened my eyes to the way i percieved the role of bouncers and it has made me re-evaluate the way i act towards them (someone to be feared but APPRECIATED. It has also opened my eyes to the way people gloryifying fights and tells you of the way he feels before, during and after. Read this book for your good

Bouncer
Bouncer by Geoff Thompson (Hardcover - 1 Oct. 1994)
Used & New from: £0.01