5.0 out of 5 stars The Way
For anybody who is interested in Christianity, this series of 4 DVDs give a very good introduction to Eastern Orthodoxy. Although these DVDs are for small groups...they are still good for individual viewing. I highly recommend these DVDs.
Published on 10 Dec 2010 by david puline

3.0 out of 5 stars an introduction to BYZANTINE orthodoxy.
This is certainly a 3 star product in my view.

Published on 25 Jan 2011 by DanielM

5.0 out of 5 stars The Way, 10 Dec 2010
This review is from: How to Run the Way (DVD)

3.0 out of 5 stars an introduction to BYZANTINE orthodoxy., 25 Jan 2011
DanielM (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Run the Way (DVD)
This is certainly a 3 star product in my view.

An an Orthodox Christian myself, I find that it is a great resource to have on hand when looking into the aspects of Orthodox Theology, and wishing to explain them or have them explained in an academic way. Such contributors as Met. Kallistos Ware are renowned for this. The effort put into it is a blessing upon the Orthodox Church for certain.
It is also good for anyone looking into studying Eastern Orthodoxy, and wanting some introductory lectures to get them started.

The reason I have given this 3 stars, not the 4/5 stars that my last paragraphs would suggest is that it is purely based upon the Byzantine rite, not the Non-Chalcedon Oriental Orthodox Christians, and the speakers do seem to candidly make some negative statements about their Oriental bretheren. Therefore, in my view it loses some credibility and can remind me of the hardline Russians I have ignored in the past. This is a shame, but is an issue that loses the set marks.

I would advise it for personal use, and accompanied by reading, not as a full course for a community unless they are extremely insular about their faith.

How to Run the Way