5.0 out of 5 stars Required reading
As another review said, this book should be made required reading for anyone involved in care in any way - be that as a nurse on a hospital ward, a support worker in a residential home or a doctor doing home visits. It outlines what should be basic knowledge for all carers, and how easily it can be missed - and the dire consequences that follow.

Amanda and her...
Published on 2 April 2008 by Rachael Millward

1.0 out of 5 stars Research & Editing
Published on 14 Aug. 2007 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading, 13 April 2008
manager (london, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Who Cares?: One Family's Shocking Story of Care in Today's NHS (Paperback)
A truly moving and horrifying book. It should be compulsory reading for all the hopeless bureaucrats who run our health service and for the politicians who ruin it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read,, 23 Feb. 2007
Wow....the writer couldn't have been more honest writing this book. It must have been so painful, but it's been shared with us and it's such a gripping read. Well done in giving WHO CARES? to us and allowing us to learn from someones very brave death, that should never have been allowed to happen.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Brilliant Honest read., 13 Mar. 2007
Best Book of this type of thing I have ever read, so well written, easy to follow,it all made sence, lots of these books about sad or tragic real life stories are around right now, mainly ones to do with children, but never have i enjoyed one as much as WHO CARES?. It's so very painful but the love in it is so amazing, the real truth is astounding, this author has let us into her every thought, and that of a man who killed himself because of the system he no longer trusted. I didn't want to finish it, but then I was eager to know, shame that we didn't find out about the outcome after he died, maybe best left unsaid. It's so shocking to think that each and every one of us could have been in the same position as Paul Steane was, but thanks to the people who have got this book to us and for those who read it, this won't happen again! It's been a long time since i have read something so near to each and everyone of us, but you can almost imagine it happening, I don't think there are many of us that would have coped like this author, so maybe we would never have found out the truth. Well done for trying to help the NHS, it was a pleasure to read. Thank you. Going to read it again now, worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wake up and smell the coffee!, 25 May 2013
This book is a brave and stunning account of just how bad the so called 'health service' can be. Everybody who thinks that the NHS covers them and their families for something positive needs to read this book. Instead of NHS lawyers attempting to ban this material it ought to become mandatory reading for all our (so called) doctors.

1.0 out of 5 stars Research & Editing, 14 Aug. 2007
When I read this book, the first thought I had was, simple things like the medicines used were spelt incorrectly. If the author and editor couldn't be bothered to research the simple things such as these, how do I know they've researched the bigger things? Lazy editing and research in this case, if only the small things in the book hadn't been overlooked. When reading this book, I'd take a large pinch of salt.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Who Cares?: One Family's Shocking Story of Care in Today's NHS
Who Cares?: One Family's Shocking Story of Care in Today's NHS by Amanda Steane (Paperback - 16 Feb. 2007)