Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 February 2009
I like Horses but dont know much about them but would like to change that. I realise that they have a languange of their own and this book is a great start for the beginner because it explains in pictures the right and wrongs of your approach when interacting with them. The diagrams bring alive the explanation. A very beneficial purchase.
on 14 August 2005
I often get asked to explain Horse Whispering and how it works. In 24 pages with superb illustrations, you couldn't get a clearer introduction to how to make a friend of a horse: no whips, no harsh words, just clear body language the horse can understand. Every horse handler should have this book and do what it says.
on 2 April 2005
Techniques that are easy to comprehend, and that don't all require a big schooling ring! They can work wonders with your horse. Learn the body language of the horse, with beautiful illustrations and clear instructions. I wish I could give it more stars!
on 8 October 2010
Bought this book as an insight into communicating with my horse. Read it and used the techniques within hours. Amazing how just a minor body posture change can make such a difference. Recommended as a peep into a larger world.
on 31 May 2012
I bought this book for my niece who is 10 years old. She is really interested in horses and is soon to be lucky enough to own her own horse.
I came across this book while trying to find something horse related on Amazon. I had a read of it, the day before I gave the book to her. Although it is written for children, I found it really interesting and very informative. The book is set out simply and constructively. It has distinct chapters relating to a number of horse related topics. There are simple pictures that clearly explain about the skill of communicating with horses. For example, how hand shapes or just the way you walk towards a horse can set them at ease or stress them. As you can tell I really liked this book and was pleased to give her a present that I knew she would really like too. Highly recommended.
on 18 August 2011
A great little book full of marvellous tips. I was already very interested in this subject and since reading this book have tried the suggestions.... and they really work. You and your horse really become as one.
I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to know what makes their horse 'tick' and not just get on and ride or drive without knowing how their horse/pony is feeling today.Sports Driving: A Complete Guide to Horse Driving Trials
on 18 June 2012
it is very informative. i learnt alot about how horses read your body language and interpret it. i learnt how to read my pony's body language.
on 13 October 2010
very easy to understand and just as the title says Practical Horse Whispering (Threshold picture guides)
on 23 January 2013
brilliant book it has helped make my youngster into a far better pony she has alot more respect for my space
on 9 June 2012
Although the threshold guides are small there content is very good. I really enjoyed this book and found it really useful and got some good tips from it. The pictures were really good and very clear and its an easy little book to pick up and dip in and out of.