5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all dog-owners.
Published on 14 Oct 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars With no disrespect to the TTouch system but..
I purchased the earlier (and larger) version of this book "Getting in Touch with Your Dog: An Easy, Gentle Way to Better Health and Behavior " hoping to help my 4 year old rescue Border Collie. Consequently it is my view that if you have a dog which is not at ease with human physical contact then this system is probably not the best starting point on your quest.
Due...
Published on 7 Sep 2007 by Dale A. Haines

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all dog-owners., 14 Oct 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Getting in Touch with Your Dog: How to Influence Behaviour, Health and Performance: How to Understand and Influence Behaviour, Personality and Health (Paperback)
Having tried a few different techniques to help our timid-but-dominant collie x I was beginning to despair of finding a method where I could interact with the dog whilst improving our relationship. Linda Tellington-Jones provides such a method. It is a well written & illustrated book & I have seen results almost instantly - Meg & I have a much closer & more trusting relationship after only a few days. I cannot recommend the book enough. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars you really get in touch with your dog, 12 July 2001
By A Customer
A while ago I had already read about the t-touch method. I was delighted when the book came out. Have tried the method on our rather nervous dog Scooby and it works wonders for him. He gets very relaxed and doesn't mind me using the method at all. It also helps for his arthritic front paw. The book is very easy to use with pictures for all the touches and solutions if your dog doesn't like the touches.Great book and a must for all dog owners, who want to get more in touch with their dog and relaxe him. Scooby's happy owner

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read, 7 Jun 2011
Janice (ST HELENS, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I found this book to be really informative and easy to follow. My dog had been lame on a few occaisions and the operation was going to cost over 2000, I had already paid 1000 for a cat scan. I purchased this book and after reading it I tried some of the techniques shown on my dog. I noticed quite quickly that he had stopped limping, but I took him to the surgeon for his operation, when i returned home I recieved a call from the surgeon telling me he had examined my dog and watched him walk and he seemed perfectly fine and doing the op wouldnt make him any better so we decided to leave it for the time being. That was in December last year, my dog has been brilliant running like a race horse since.
I think its thanks to this book that my boy was saved from the pain of the op and recovery.
Brilliant Thankyou.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to improve the relationship between you and your dog!, 4 Jan 2010
I was looking for a book to improve my relationship with my two rescue Springer spaniels Charlie and Lola. This book is different from standard dog training books as it is about a sort of "massage for dogs" Linda explains how what for types of touches to perform for different scenarios and these touches are called TTouches. Each TTouch is covered by a summary as to why it is used, then how to perform it, and pictures and drawings are included to support the written information. Case studies have also been included. This book is great for all types of dog from young to old. It is very clear concise in it's description, it has certainly helped me in establishing a very loving relationship with my dogs. We have all benefitted Charlie is much more confident and secure, and very boisterous Lola is much calmer and happier.
I would certainly recommend this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars With no disrespect to the TTouch system but.., 7 Sep 2007
Dale A. Haines "master_ice" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Due to his horrendous previous life, my dog was very intolerant of being touched or handled to the point that, no matter how softly and gently you approached him if he didn't instigate the contact he would simply bite out of fear. (Matters are improving but not from trying to press him into human contact)
Mist is a sweet dog but with much emotional and behavioural baggage and has bitten 2 qualified TTouch practitioners who believed they could get through his barrier by the TTouch system.
I have no doubt that TTouch does work in many cases but ensure that you know your dog will take being handled before you attempt any of the techniques expounded.
It is also my view that the earlier version of this book is probably of more interest since it contains sections now omitted on building your dog's confidence.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good way to start massaging your dog, 23 May 2013
I have a terrier who was over the top barky and hyper active. I got this after he'd been neutered, so don't know how much this helped, but he is 100% better. It is a bit fiddly on a small dog and he won't sit still for very long, but it started me on massaging him which he loves in small doses. I think the key is giving the dog more attention and touching - common sense really but I needed this book to start me off. I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars The benefits of the Tellington Touch, 17 Nov 2013
I had previously borrowed the book from a friend but it is a very useful one to refer to from time to time, hence its purchase. It is very valuable for dog owners who encounter problems with their dogs, insecurity, apprehension, aggression and many other issues. Such conditiions can be controlled by touch of various parts of the dog's body, from ears to toes. Thoroughly recommend the book to anyone who owns a dog!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 5 Oct 2013
very interesting and easy to follow. And TT definitely works with my dog. She loves it and now sits beside me on the sofa to get more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
really great book

3.0 out of 5 stars dog owning explained, 25 May 2014
J. Mcewan (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
A good start to helping you learn about how your dog sees you in his pack and how to help him/her adjust to your family.