5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful
A very useful book. It shows parents which sounds and blends of words children learn from Reception and in which order to progress. Also helpful for spelling tests. If you are keen on helping your child with literacy at home this is a must even if you are not using the Jolly Phonics scheme.
Published on 4 July 2005

2.0 out of 5 stars not for us
Perhaps this book should have an age range on it? My daughter is 2 and is starting to read (yes, she can read dog, cat, sun etc!), but as I never learnt by the phonics method it is difficult to know whether I am teaching her with the correct sounds for each letter.
Published on 18 Nov. 2011 by L. Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful, 4 July 2005
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good purchase!, 29 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Word Book (Paperback)
I have been very keen to teach my son the letters of the alphabet but wanted to do it the right way. Having visited his school he will be attending next year, they do follow the Jolly phonics scheme and therefore these books have been great along with the work books. It's given me the confidence to teach and he has enjoyed the colourful pictures and tracing with his finger the letters. We are now moving on to book three after he has managed to read and write the letters in books one and two. Being a working parent and mum to a one year old aswell we are only able to do learning for an hour on a friday so these short to the point books are great. My husband also helps by going over a book for 5 mins at bedtime before reading a short story. It certainly has been a fun way to learn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Jolly Phonic product for reading and spelling, 3 April 2010
OrganicGreen "Knowledge is King and books a g... (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Word Book (Paperback)
I did a lot of my own research online, books, tv, parents and teachers and finally arrived with the knowledge that teaching phonics was the best way to teach and that Jolly Phonics was the best method available.

I started off with the phonic songs cd and we both learnt all 42 songs for all the wounds. We also used the phonic poster to remind him about the sounds. Once he started reception at 4 he learnt how to form words using the 42 sounds learnt. I then bought this book to list the various words for him to practise. As he learnt the other letter groupings of letters like "a-e" "ai" and "ay" all making the same sound my son used this book to practise the words at home. At the end of the book it list about 70 tricky words that cannot be read phonetically. My son practises these words regularly at home and it has really built his confidence with reading.

As he has learnt the phonetic rules to sound out words he is confidence to sound out words he has never seen before.

....... years later
My son is now 7 and I still use this book.. He can read the words now; so I now use this book to help him with his spelling. We look at the words in each section and see the similarities in spelling and work out rules so that he can find it easier to spell. I found that this builds his confidence to try to spell out new words that he has never seen before. He likes getting spelling test where all the words rhythm or they are similar in sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars jolly phonic workbooks, 22 Nov. 2004
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Word Book (Paperback)
Brilliant help for my little boy who uses jolly phonics at school and was struggling a little. Im sure u would agree that help at home goes a long way and these books do just the trick.

5.0 out of 5 stars ideal for children, 22 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Word Book (Paperback)
I bought these jolly phonics word books for a person with learning difficulties she is in her 40s and they have helped her a great deal.Thanks very much Amazon for keeping items like this in stock, yet again another happy customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jolly Phonics, 15 Dec. 2009
Desrin Wickington (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Word Book (Paperback)
My son is doing Jolly phonics at school using these books so having them at home is a great help to him and he loves doing it. A must for Key 1 children.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 3 Sept. 2009
J. Vaughan (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Word Book (Paperback)
Really good books and my 4 year old really enjoys using them and is very proud of her efforts - as are we!

2.0 out of 5 stars not for us, 18 Nov. 2011
L. Scott - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Word Book (Paperback)
I was recommended the Jolly Phonics series by a teacher/friend and so thought that this book would be a good place to start. But as a previous reviewer states, it is just a list of words!
I need to find a book which will teach me how to teach her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book. Great price. Very useful., 3 May 2012
L. M. CARTER "Lover of the word" (Nottelling) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Word Book (Paperback)
If your a fan of Jolly phonics then you will find this book a must.
I use it all the time in my primary class. Great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doting Granny, 15 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Word Book (Paperback)
This goes well with the Jolley Phonics book for those children ready to take that step further. A good tool for pre school.

Jolly Phonics Word Book
Jolly Phonics Word Book by Sara Wernham (Paperback - Aug. 2000)