5.0 out of 5 stars The complete home teaching set!
Published on 31 Oct. 2002 by oaafc4ever

3.0 out of 5 stars good item
Purchased for my son, he enjoys tracing the letters and shapes, good that can also colour in. One of the books pages were in the wrong order and upside down other than that good educational books
Published on 3 Jan. 2010 by Fiona Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars The complete home teaching set!, 31 Oct. 2002
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Workbooks: Books 1-7 (Paperback)
When my daughter started in reception, I was quite aprehensive about her learning to read & spell. I needn't have bothered. This is an excellent teaching system. It is easy for the children to remember, with the "phonic" actions being addictive. My son has started nursery and even he has managed to surprise his teachers with the ease in which he has picked up on the Jolly-Phonic alphabet. This is an absolute must for any parent whose child has just started (or even about to start) school.
Since I bought these books my daughter is constantly pestering me to teach her the next sound/action, even the activites at the back of the book are fun to do!!
Go on, give the teachers a helpling hand and buy these for your little one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great products but ..., 27 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Workbooks: Books 1-7 (Paperback)
It should reference that you need to get this with the home kit, as these are only the workbooks so not complete in themselves

5.0 out of 5 stars A fast and fun way to learn., 9 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Workbooks: Books 1-7 (Paperback)
I brought these books for my 3 1/2 year old daughter 2 days ago. We have been looking through the first two books together. I think they are brilliant. She has a fairly short attention span (what 3 year old doesn't), but these books managed to hold her attention.

Within a couple of days she has managed to identify the letter sounds, and amazingly has just sounded out/blended the word cat. What a fantastic start to her education!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jolly phonics workbooks-great!, 17 Oct. 2009
Ms. Pamela Harland (Northumberland England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Workbooks: Books 1-7 (Paperback)
These books are brilliant, my daughter had no interest in learning untill we bought these and she loves them, she is happy to sit down with me and use them, within a week she knew lots of her letters FANTASTIC!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent way of teaching word sounds, 3 Nov. 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Workbooks: Books 1-7 (Paperback)
My child has just started learning the sounds of letters with the Jolly Phonics Method.
My son last year was using a different method and still lacks some of the grasps the basics.
It has taken my daughter less than 3 weeks to learn all the letter sounds, she knew the alphabet already so this really does seem the next logical step.

3.0 out of 5 stars good item, 3 Jan. 2010
Fiona Campbell "fi" (glasgow) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Weak point of the jolly phonics system, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Workbooks: Books 1-7 (Paperback)
I loved the CD of Jolly songs and i loved the the finger phonics. So this was the next step for us once we learnt the sounds.

However- these books are really dry and a bit boring! Lacks colour too. Basically just involves your child writing out the letters like they are being punished in detention. You could do this yourself so easily without wasting money on these books.

I love the jolly phonics system for learning the actual sounds....its weak point is that it doesn't then work as well at getting children to transition from knowing the sounds to then reading. Its all about the sounds....it could have been made a lot stronger with the fun continuing in simple steps to help children through a learning to read journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Childrens education, 5 April 2003
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Workbooks: Books 1-7 (Paperback)
Bought these for my 3+ daughter & she just loves them. Very useful & gives her something different from her usual books that we get from the library.
Sister in law is a teacher & said these will be good books for her to learn from. Will be looking into more books from the same series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jolly Phonics, 24 Jan. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Workbooks: Books 1-7 (Paperback)
An excellent insite into what your child is learing at school. I leave the books around the playroom and my son of 4 years and in reception will pick them up, recognise the letters that he has learnt at school and attempt to colour, write and read the exercises.

5.0 out of 5 stars The gift of knowledge, 5 Nov. 2009
Mr. A. Njenga - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Workbooks: Books 1-7 (Paperback)
Along with the Jolly Phonics Word book, I would wholeheartedly advise any parents, carers or teachers to invest in this set of materials. At the regular retail price, they are still well worth it, so at the Amazon special value I believe this to be a sound and worthwhile investment.

Jolly Phonics Workbooks: Books 1-7
Jolly Phonics Workbooks: Books 1-7 by Sara Wernham (Paperback - Dec. 1995)