5.0 out of 5 stars Just great as a reminder of the letter sounds.
My son age 4 is learning his phonics sounds at home and this poster is in the living room and also his bedroom. We spend about 10mins sounding out the letter that he has learnt. The pictures along with the letter reminds your child (and you) the correct sound for each letter. Well worth the small price for this poster.
Published on 15 Nov 2007 by OrganicGreen

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy Paper Poster!
I, personally, found this confusing to use and so have abandoned it. It is a flimsy paper poster, easily torn, and would be better as a book. I'm not entirely sure how it is supposed to be used.
Published 19 months ago by J. Hall

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great as a reminder of the letter sounds., 15 Nov 2007
OrganicGreen "Knowledge is King and books a g... (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good reminder, 11 Feb 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Letter Sound Poster (Poster)
My 5 year old is just learning Jolly Phonics and we now have this poster up in his bedroom to help the night time reading, it helps me and him sound the right letters rather than just saying them.
You only get a picture of each letter and the reminder i.e. "er" and a little picture of an electric whisk - so it won't give you enough detail if you know nothing about it, but if you just need a reminder its great.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 4 Aug 2010
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Letter Sound Poster (Poster)
the poster is in bright bold colours. the songs are short and easy for a small child to learn. it is a fun way for to help a child learn the different sounds of letters

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Feb 2010
Helen Chia - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Letter Sound Poster (Poster)
Quick service and item arrived in perfect condition.
The chart is an excellent tool for my son who is in P1 and learing to read using Jolly Phonics. He lies in bed and looks at the chart, practising his sounds!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for bedtime, 5 Feb 2010
Carol Fairweather (Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Letter Sound Poster (Poster)
This is a bright poster that supports the Jolly Phonics system. Excellent system, much better than Letterland which I covered with my eldest son. The poster is perfect to run through what we have covered so far on the bedroon wall before bedtime!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent teaching aid, 9 Nov 2009
Mrs. K. Webster (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Letter Sound Poster (Poster)
My 4 year old is in the foundation stage at school and is in the process of learning all his letter sounds using Jolly Phonics. He has this poster on his bedroom wall and he loves to work his way through the letter sounds and often does this without any adult involvement. Each letter has an associated action which you can find full details of on the Jolly Phonics website, however the poster gives you a clue as to what the action is for each letter to save you having to look it up and gives the child a little reminder. This poster is a great teaching aid and my little boy is always keen to show us all the letters that he knows or is currently learning.

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy Paper Poster!, 31 Jan 2013
J. Hall (London) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for the amateur, 28 Jan 2011
Dave C (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Letter Sound Poster (Poster)
You'll need to put some effort in if this poster is going on your child's bedroom wall. Unlike the A-Apple, B-Boat, you'll need to know the difference between /OO/ and |OO| and many more. A quick glance at the poster won't help, some of the drawings are not obvious.

It didn't work for us. The material and illustrations didn't inspire my son, and the non-alphabetical ordering didn't help me.

Once we had got past the simple phonetics, we moved on to real books and hunting for sounds in words that we already knew.

But every child is different. This might be a magic bullet for you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Alternative alphabet poster, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Letter Sound Poster (Poster)
The pictures DO NOT start necessarily with the letter sound (although many do) so for it to be meaningful the children must know the actions that go with the pictures. which in turn represent the associated sound. It is great for anyone that is learning with the Jolly Phonics system but otherwise it is confusing - which is a shame because there are so few alphabet posters that are 100% phonetic.

5.0 out of 5 stars great range, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: Jolly Phonics Letter Sound Poster (Poster)
My little boy has been using the jolly phonics system at school, so this is a good reference to have at home along with the work books. Great range, he loves showing us which sound he has been learning each day.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Jolly Phonics Letter Sound Poster
Jolly Phonics Letter Sound Poster by Sue Lloyd (Poster - Jan 2002)
Used & New from: 1.18