5.0 out of 5 stars a truly wonderful book.
Published on 15 Aug. 2001 by hthtlbt@aol.com

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
Sorry I ordered this book by mistake, not my kind of reading
Published 7 months ago by Allison

5.0 out of 5 stars a truly wonderful book., 15 Aug. 2001
hthtlbt@aol.com (Stoke-on-Trent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Living in the Light: A Guide to Personal and Planetary Evolution (Paperback)
For me, this was a remarkable book. Gawain systematically explains all the principles of her philosophy and then applies them to all aspects of life, from relationships to money to health, relating them all together. I found her advice and guidance highly practical. This book is so accessible, no matter how much you have read about personal growth previously. Gawain is skilled in her ability to express ideas so clearly and directly, and she gives examples to aid the reader in understanding. Meditations are provided at the end of every chapter to help in your development aswell.
The most impressive thing about this book, however, is the loving and encoraging way in which it is written. Gawain acknowledges that life can be hard and that trying to teach oneself to be a more concious and feeling human being can be hard, but she makes difficulties seem more like exciting challenges.
Gawain tells in the book about how a reader described 'Living in the Light' as having been "a good friend to her" over the years. I simply can't put it better myself!
This book can be read and re-read a thousand times and each time you will find something new to understand... I never believed a book could change your life until I read this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very inspiring!, 18 Mar. 2013
I have read it, and now bought a few more to give friends as presents. I found it very inspiring!

4.0 out of 5 stars joined up the dote so to speak, 31 Aug. 2013
While reading this book I found that it related to many others I have read and brings together lots of the things that were similar in each one whilst putting it in clearer format
I will be suggesting this book to friends and clients

5.0 out of 5 stars I found this book hugely useful. It consists of a series of chapters and ..., 2 July 2014
I found this book hugely useful. It consists of a series of chapters and insights into self belief and visualisation and each section finishes with a meditation and an exercise to show you how to put it into practice. Simple to follow in bite-sized chunks. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very inspiring!, 7 Mar. 2013
I friend of mine lent me this book and I have bought a few afterwards to give to friends as a present. I found it very true, maybe because I was reading it at the right moment, and very inspiring, specially to start to your own meditating practice. Thanks Shakti!

5.0 out of 5 stars accessible language and reads like a breeze plus many nice visualisation exercises and meditations, 27 Aug. 2014
Ms. E. Benedetti "Eilidh" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Among Newage self-help books clearly a classic, and despite having been re-edited with some chapters cut out, it still has the same refreshing positive tone, accessible language and reads like a breeze plus many nice visualisation exercises and meditations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensable, 17 April 2013
A friend recommended this book about 15 years ago. I find it unique and inspirational and it's one of the few that I still dip into regularly - so I had to buy a new copy because mine was falling apart!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 April 2014
Ms. H. Dyer "Heather" (UK) - See all my reviews
A brilliantly insightful drawing together of psychology, spirituality and common sense. Simply and beautifully explained - there's nothing more to add.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 1 Jun. 2013
Fantastic book. Very enlighting. A book not to be thrown away but to be referred to time and time again.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 5 Aug. 2014
Sorry I ordered this book by mistake, not my kind of reading

Living in the Light: A Guide to Personal and Planetary Evolution
Living in the Light: A Guide to Personal and Planetary Evolution by Shakti Gawain (Paperback - 1 Dec. 1998)
Used & New from: £0.01