on 1 March 2001
I enjoyed this book. It was interesting and knowledgeable, however I feel that for a subject which covered so many years it was lacking in information. For instance, there were no makers marks displayed for one to look at and it only talked about specific factories. It did not cover all Tobies as I expected when I purchased it. I bought it for research and I was unsucessful in finding what I was looking for. Also, I was disappointed that there was neither a physical address nor an email address to get a hold of the authors. This would have been extremely helpful, as I am sure they have information which is not in the book.
on 27 May 2012
This is a must have for anyone who collects Toby jugs. Full of information. photos and interesting details. Plenty of colour pictures (more would have been nice but obviously production costs come into the equation for a book this size. Well researched by an expert in the field
on 12 January 2011
Another decent book for the beginner who are thinking of collecting toby jugs. Gives a brief review of many of the jugs on the market. A good book to keep by your side.
on 28 May 2014
The book was delivered promptly and in very good condition as described. I will be happy to use it as a handy reference, whilst adding to my Toby collection.
on 26 March 2014
a good read offering good general advice. this book is great for people getting into the hobby of collecting tobies
on 20 November 2015