on 19 April 1999
This is the book that I and perhaps all other admirers of Katherine Swynford have been waiting for.The author Anthony Goodman has recognised the huge gap that needed to be filled by a biography of this interesting woman. He manages to fit in a wealth of detailed information,that anybody who is familiar with her life will welcome. The only sadness is that this book is only 31 pages long.It left me wanting to know even more about her. If this book was undertaken by the author to fulfil some sort of public demand for information about Katherine Swynford,then Mr Goodman might consider a more comprehensive biography.He can take it from me,it would be a best seller.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 1 September 2006
This is a good booklet with much information and references. Anthony Goodman is a very good historian who knows his period.

It is a pity that the publisher did not have a proof-reader of quality. I counted 5 mis-spellings and one glaring error which could have been picked up easily before printing.

I would recommend this booklet but not at the full price.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again