5.0 out of 5 stars This is the book to buy if you are visiting Southern Africa, 8 Oct 2001
This review is from: The Wildlife of Southern Africa: A Field Guide to the Animals and Plants of the Region (Paperback)
I have recently visited the Game Parks in Southern Africa and the is THE book to have with you. It lists all the animals, birds, plants, trees and anything else you could wish for in the natural world with a full description and a picture to enable full identification - and all in one book. Buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Safari guide, 16 Oct 2009
This was a good book to take on my safari holiday. It has a bit of everything. I didn't give it a five star rating as the colours in the book don't always correspond to the animals, particularly the birds, and it would have been good to have some more information on the animals (e.g. behaviour). All in all a good general, all round guide. I would recommend taking a specialist bird book as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Driving across Africa, 5 Sep 2010
This book was just great. My cousin and I used it when we drove across Africa. We kept it by us in the centre consol of our Land Rover and if we didn't recognise anything this book generally helped us out.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Wildlife of Southern Africa., 14 Aug 2009
K. J. Lane (Basingstoke Hampshire) - See all my reviews
This is a very informative book covering most of the basic aspects of natural history is Southern Africa. It is an ideal travel companion. I would recommend it to anybody.

Used & New from: 14.00