5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money!
Published on 30 May 2010 by S. Gornall

1.0 out of 5 stars Pocket Book
Handy airport reading for frequent flyers - a good summary, tongue in cheek, about the British way of life. Amusing to see ourselves as other do
Published 13 months ago by David Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money!, 30 May 2010
S. Gornall "S. Gornall" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: British Language and Culture (Lonely Planet Language Reference) (Paperback)
I bought this book for my son because I thought he would enjoy it. I read it first and found it full of interesting facts and information about the English Language. It is fun, informative, well researched and well worth the money. It has lots of funny bits in it too. A good size to put in your bag or pocket and just dip into it when you have 5 mins to spare in a queue or on the tube.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pocket Book, 1 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars :O), 28 May 2013
Great to have this book especially if you are not British:O) Explains a lot in a very lovely manner, which could make you smile while reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 15 Dec 2012
Useful for new speakers of the language as well as natives. Explains regional dialects and cultural differences very well, as well as the multiplicity of non-english languages on the islands.

5.0 out of 5 stars British Language, 14 Feb 2013
The book arrived in the expected and in good quality. The materials cover my needed areas. Thanks to the deliverer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Autism guild book to your own culture, 27 Nov 2012
As an Autistic adult the minefield of colloquial England is the barbs of isolation upon which I can be daily impailed, so in an effort to help myself I got this guide, I have used them to wander all over the world. SO now whilst it is my own confession never to follow the rules that are commonly made to be broken. This gem of a guide is my own hand book to see if I can de foreign myself in my own country. I might learn a thing or too along the way as well. signed A self confessed Alien born and bred in England.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful and interesting, 24 Jun 2010
M. Ho (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This book is quite useful for foreigners, although some of the expression may not be used by many people. Worth a look!

British Language and Culture (Lonely Planet Language Reference)
Used & New from: 1.02