on 13 April 2010
I am totally new to the world of 'slow cooking' and this book has been very helpful in providing delicious, easy recipes to try. My favorites so far are the Italian Chicken Soup, Honey and Balsamic Braised Pork and Chicken Cacciatore. A 'must have' if you are into slow cooking, but not a surprise as ALL the Woman's Weekly recipe books are winners!!!
on 8 August 2011
I borrowed my mum's slow cooker cook book and only made one dish from it, but with this book I've made loads, I'd recommend it. Only down point is some recipes are a bit bland and need a lot more spices/ herbs added than are actually in the recipe.
on 12 February 2011
This is an excellent slow cooker recipe book. It gives a more modern aproach for slow cooking. With great results
on 16 July 2015
Not a bad book for the price. Recipes are very repetitive but I guess this may be the case with most slow cooker books - lots of stews/casseroles/soups which all look the same, substitute a handful of ingredients and they essentially are. Not a bad purchase though if you're starting out and need ideas!
on 1 August 2013
Great recipes - perfectly explained.

and what I love about them is that some are really simple, and some are a little more involved, but so well explained they turn out perfectly.

good food, cooking and convenience you'll love.

my favourite so far is the chicken coconut curry, with lime leaves. mmmmM.

thanks woman's Weekly, you've don it attain.
on 7 December 2015
I bought this cookbook at the shop I work for next to nothing because some naughty person had torn a few pages at the beginning. I read through the book as I don't have a slow cooker yet but I think that the recipes are pretty good and I can't wait to buy a slow cooker. The only problem is that after reading many reviews on Amazon I am not clear at all as to what to buy. Many seem to boil the food so hard that all the liquid is gone after a short while, making me wonder why they are called slow cookers and why I wouldn't cook the meal in a pan instead…. But I hope to find a slow cooker that is worth buying as I am getting a voucher from Amazon soon and then I will be trying out all these recipes. You have to realize that this is an Australian cook book and as such the names of the ingredients are sometimes a bit odd fur us here in Europe. There are also some ingredients I need to look into as I don't know whether I will be able to get them in the UK like Quince Paste, something I have never seen in the shops and other ingredients. It is a pity that recipes are not tested in the country where the books will be sold and adapted accordingly. That said that photos are very nice, and this at a time when many cook books don't seem to include photos anymore, or if they do not all recipes have one.
on 22 June 2013
I bought some other women's weekly books which I loved but not this one. There are only about two recipes that I would use out of it. There were a lot of curry dishes but I haven't been left inspired by this one, sorry.
on 25 September 2015
Carbfest.
The book arrived a day later than the postage deadline so the seller gave me my money back.
Just as well, only one recipe out of the book was usable for a healthy eating low carber.
How can they take meat and veg and turn it into unhealthy, carb ridden muck?
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 January 2013
Desperate for some inspiration over Christmas I sent for a slow-cooker and a book of recipes. This book is full of excellent tips and good ideas for recipes. Well worth purchasing!
on 15 May 2013
Consistent with woman's weekly cook books, being easy to follow and recipes look like the picture. The book has been great for expanding my recipes with my slow cooker!