5.0 out of 5 stars Tess Mallos' Middle Eastern cookbook is absolutely the best!, 12 Jan 2000
By A Customer
I've been using Tess Mallos' "The Complete Middle East Cookbook" for six years for everything from everyday cooking to party fare and each recipe has turned out superbly. What is nice about this book is that it is written for the Western cook and kitchen. Consequently, it is easy to use and requires no specialized techniques or equipment. The best recommendation is that my friends ask to borrow this book and copy recipes everytime I serve a meal from this edition. That is why I now have to buy a new copy --- one of my friends kept it and wouldn't give it back. This is truly one of the best cookbooks on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 22 April 2007
This book is excellent all the recipes i have tried have turned out yummy. The Machlous Ala Dajaj is now one of my dinner party favourites! The layout is great, plenty of colour photographs, easy to understand, as it covers the Middle East there is a wide diversity of recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars A deservedly popular cookbook, 22 Jan 2000
By A Customer
This handsome, thorough, and practical guide featuring many full-colour photos offers a panoramic view of the region's food traditions. The recipes are easy to follow and range from earthy to exotic. The author's clear, detailed instructions and her sense of humour are most welcome. I have owned this cookbook for some time and refer to it often. I have also given several copies as gifts to friends who like to cook, and they have been truly pleased.
Another cookbook that belongs in every serious food lover's library is "Recipes and Remembrances from an Eastern Mediterranean Kitchen: A Culinary Journey through Syria, Lebanon, and Jordan," by Sonia Uvezian. This remarkable, richly illustrated volume captures the soul of the region's cookery in a fascinating blend of exceptionally informative text and hundreds of magnificent recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking for authentic receipes., 8 May 2014
I ordered this book as I had been given a copy from a friend to review for my requirements.
I liked it so much that I searched for a copy online and Amazon were the only outlet I could find with a listing.
This really is the complete Book and it is a Bible for the kitchen.
I like and also purchased the "Lebanese Cookbook" by Selwa, Dawn & Elaine Anthony which compared to this book falls short of the amount and variety of receipes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Everyone in my family own one!, 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: The complete Middle East cookbook (Hardcover)
I have wanted this book my whole life as my entire family own a copy, aunties and cousins included. It's our cooking bible. Excellent recipes which are very traditional with great instructions. The only downside is the lack of photos in it. It would be good to have a picture for each dish, especially if it's something you're unfamiliar with. This is the only reason I didn't give the book 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars good tasty middle east food without frills, 6 May 2011
This review is from: The complete Middle East cookbook (Hardcover)
you probably need a little experience to get the best out of this book but the recipes are straight forward and the food tastes good

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Middle East Cookbook - EVER, 20 Aug 2009
Sqij (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The complete Middle East cookbook (Hardcover)
My version of this book is about 20 years old and getting VERY tatty. The recipes are exceedingly good and very easy to follow. Highly recommend it to anyone interested in this type of cuisine.

The complete Middle East cookbook
The complete Middle East cookbook by Tess Mallos (Hardcover - 1997)
Used & New from: 0.01