5.0 out of 5 stars A warm and enchanting Christmas story for children!
Published on 5 Dec 2010 by Mr T Niwa

3.0 out of 5 stars Too "difficult" for my little one...
Published 20 months ago by Silvia

5.0 out of 5 stars A warm and enchanting Christmas story for children!, 5 Dec 2010
Mr T Niwa (Belfast, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ferdie's Christmas (Hardcover)
'Ferdie's Christmas' is a beautifully written tale to be enjoyed by children of all ages. In this story, Ferdie is concerned that Father Christmas might not be able to find his friends' (the rabbits) new burrow to deliver their presents. Ferdie comes up with a plan that, with the help of his other woodland friends, aims to ensure that the rabbits have a great Christmas too. This is a well-written tale, with outstanding and equally stunning illustrations. Be warned, Father Christmas does not feature pictorially in this story unlike many at this time of the year (my nearly three year old was a little disappointed by this!) but I think it is wonderful to have a picture book that captures the true essence of Christmas without surrendering to the commercial pull of 'Father Christmas'. A warm and enchanting tale about caring and sharing with those closest to you at Christmas time. A definite must, to have on your bookshelves this festive season.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ferdies Christmas, 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: Ferdie's Christmas (Paperback)
I love all the books illustrated by Tiphanie Beeke....especially the 'Ferdie' ones. He has such a lovely personality. I would recommend 'Ferdie and the Fallen Leaves' and 'Ferdie and the Springtime Blossom'

3.0 out of 5 stars Too "difficult" for my little one..., 26 Dec 2012
This review is from: Ferdie's Christmas (Paperback)
I am an Italian native speaker mother of a 2 yr and 8 months and had very good expectations towards this book (I've bought the other book from this same author about autumn "Ferdie and the falling leaves" and my child stood with eyes wide open in amazement listening to each single word until the end of the story, uttering a loud "ooooohhhhh....." when she saw the tree with icicles in the last page)!. We live in Italy and I am teaching English as second language to my child since she was 8 months old. She did not find this book on Christmas interesting and after a couple of pages asked me to stop reading it and simply went away looking for other toys.... I don't think the story in itself is not nice.... I rather think it's because the text is a bit too complex, too long and articulated sentences.... with too many new words and unusual situations for her and thus also hard for me to explain...
I would recommend a similar book to an older child (learning English as a second language)... maybe 3 years and a half or even older.... of course my situation is a bit "unusual" as we live in Italy and I am not an English native speaker. The drawings in the book however are really cute and well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ferdie's Christmas, 4 Jan 2012
This review is from: Ferdie's Christmas (Hardcover)
Such a dear little story! My three year old loves this story and I'm sure she will continue to love it for the next few years each Christmas. A festive little story which touches upon thinking of others. Delightful illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ferdie's Christmas, 18 Dec 2011
This review is from: Ferdie's Christmas (Hardcover)
A lovely, heart warming story for younger children. Young children can relate to how it must feel if Father Christmas can't find the Rabbits new home, and they follow Ferdie and friends as they try to make sure the Rabbits get a visit from Father Christmas. My children loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Aug 2014
This review is from: Ferdie's Christmas (Paperback)
We love Ferdie at this house, have all 3 books. Beautiful illustrations as well as a good storyline.

Ferdie's Christmas
Ferdie's Christmas by Julia Rawlinson (Paperback - 7 Oct 2011)
4.79