5.0 out of 5 stars A chilling third installment
Joseph Delaney's ability to deliver big scares and chills alognside a gripping storyline and expertly developed characters is unsurpassed, except by J K Rowling.
The third book in the Wardstone Chronicles sees Tom and the Spook Mr Gregory head to their winter house high in the fells where the dark brings all manner of scary beasts out of the shadows and being the...
Published on 23 Aug. 2011 by Sam

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best so far
I've enjoyed following the story, but although some major events happen in this story, it didn't really grip me and I do get a little fed up with the stupid decisions this kid makes.
Published 23 months ago by graham

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Spook's Secret, 22 Jan. 2013
Excellent Series. Entertaining and Imaginative. Although written for children Well worth a read for Adults. probably best if the adults read it before giving it to a child under 9 as it could be construed as a little scarey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., 23 Feb. 2014
When I was reading this book I could hardly let go of it. The Spooks Secret is a definite read for people who liked the first two books (obviously). At some points it was funny, others sad. Bring on the next book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 21 Jan. 2013
thoroughly enjoyed this book and all the others in the series. Eagerly awaiting the last two books. recommend them to readers of any age. I am a 59 year old grandmother, My daughter age 33 is also reading them.

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!, 4 Feb. 2013
This book is my favourite of the series because we learn more about the Spook and meet new characters which makes it even more exciting. There is lots of mystery and suspense- such a brilliant book! Do read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 5 Feb. 2014
Mr S J Fox (Louth, Lincolnshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Spook's Secret: Book 3 (The Wardstone Chronicles) (Paperback)
Kids love the series, has kept them entertained for some time. Even the wife loved them, with suspense and some degree of edginess - (wife's words, not mine) Suitable for youth and my wife.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series, 8 Oct. 2013
My teenage son is quite particular about the books he reads and he thoroughly enjoyed this series. I have ordered the next 4 books for him. I would definitely recommend this to others.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best so far, 10 Jun. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars A Comfy Read, 4 Dec. 2009
Spyros Kampanakis (Bulgaria) - See all my reviews
A very nice read, funs will enjoy it.
Little by little we learn more about hte old spook
which is not as hearless as we all thought
A nice and smooth read, light enjoyable..

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent for young adult, 24 Jan. 2014
...and pretty good for the rest of us too! Good story, great characters, nice blend of mythology/folk lore etc. Would recommend to any fantasy fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars kids can't put it down!, 23 Jan. 2014
My 10 year olds can't stop reading the spooks books, finishing them in two days, costing me a fortune! but at least they're off their pcs!

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

The Spook's Secret: Book 3 (The Wardstone Chronicles)
The Spook's Secret: Book 3 (The Wardstone Chronicles) by Joseph Delaney (Paperback - 5 Mar. 2009)
Used & New from: £0.01