Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 April 2004
The story of Dogger is both movinig and inspirational about a child who has lost his beloved toy.
This story can help other children who have for exmaple have lost toys or a pet to cope and deal with the situation.
A book for all!!!
on 2 June 2000
"Dogger" is a wonderful story about how much children love their toys and how siblings can some times save the day. When a little boy looses his beloved toy dog one-day he is devastated. However the dog turns up at the school fair and is priced at 5p. The little boy doesn't have the money and when he finally finds his older sister his toy has been sold to a little girl. Fortunately the little boy's sister saves the day and boy and toy dog are reunited. The book is filled glorious pictures and is very easy for a first time reader. It also makes a great bed time story!
on 2 March 2001
Dogger is a well written, beautifully illustrated heart warming story. It is about a little boy's old, worn and much loved cuddly toy dog and an extraordinary act of sisterly kindness. It recounts an experience that is bound to strike a chord with young children and adults alike who once had that special toy that went everywhere.
on 9 July 2008
My nearly three year old boy insists on 'the Dogger book' every single night. And it is one of the few on his shelf that I dont mind reading again and again. Its a lovely story with a generous dose of drama and suspense - and a morality tale thrown in for good measure. The pictures are fantastic - lots of new little details to find with every read.

Highly recommended...
on 3 August 2001
I love this story, I'm doing a childcare course at the local college and this is one of the first stories I read to children in a nursery. Easy to read and bright pictures with a lesson about what is important if you want to use it. I went and bought this story and told it to the poor man serving me!
on 3 December 2003
What a lovely book, I bought it for my daughter when she was small and she adored it, now I'm looking for the hardback version for her now she is nearly seventeen. She has asked for it to keep and to give to her children one day.
on 11 August 2007
This is the book that stands out from my younger years. I had it - we read it at school - my friends owned it. Shirley Hughes definitely knows what she's doing when it comes to writing for little children. It is original, it is sympathetic, and it is a cute story. Without a doubt, I recommend it!
on 8 October 2003
I used to covet this book when my big brother owned it, and now I can buy my own copy! I just remember the lovely feeling it gave me: the illustrations, the story, it is delightful from cover to cover. I want my kids to read it some day...
on 12 December 2000
good for the first time reader? ... it's still fantastic after a hundred reads .. i love it
on 4 December 2000
Little Dave loses his favourite toy Dogger and it is up to his older sister Bella to save the day. This is a wonderful book with colourful pictures and a heart-warming plot. A must for the younger reader and their parents. You'll love it.