5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational to all
The story of Dogger is both movinig and inspirational about a child who has lost his beloved toy.
This story can help other children who have for exmaple have lost toys or a pet to cope and deal with the situation.
A book for all!!!
Published on 5 April 2004 by ginnie1

2.0 out of 5 stars Not big book version!
I bought this to use in my literacy lessons as i love the story. I ordered this as the description states it is the big book version. But when it arrived it is the normal sized book that I already have!!
Published on 26 Nov 2012 by katie24

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational to all, 5 April 2004
A book for all!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful and fun, 2 Jun 2000
"Dogger" is a wonderful story about how much children love their toys and how siblings can some times save the day. When a little boy looses his beloved toy dog one-day he is devastated. However the dog turns up at the school fair and is priced at 5p. The little boy doesn't have the money and when he finally finds his older sister his toy has been sold to a little girl. Fortunately the little boy's sister saves the day and boy and toy dog are reunited. The book is filled glorious pictures and is very easy for a first time reader. It also makes a great bed time story!

5.0 out of 5 stars An extraordinary act of sisterly kindness., 2 Mar 2001
Dogger is a well written, beautifully illustrated heart warming story. It is about a little boy's old, worn and much loved cuddly toy dog and an extraordinary act of sisterly kindness. It recounts an experience that is bound to strike a chord with young children and adults alike who once had that special toy that went everywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful story with a lesson for all., 3 Aug 2001
I love this story, I'm doing a childcare course at the local college and this is one of the first stories I read to children in a nursery. Easy to read and bright pictures with a lesson about what is important if you want to use it. I went and bought this story and told it to the poor man serving me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 9 July 2008
Fairy Godmother (jerusalem, israel) - See all my reviews
My nearly three year old boy insists on 'the Dogger book' every single night. And it is one of the few on his shelf that I dont mind reading again and again. Its a lovely story with a generous dose of drama and suspense - and a morality tale thrown in for good measure. The pictures are fantastic - lots of new little details to find with every read.

Highly recommended...

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 3 Dec 2003
Tina (Oxfordshire) - See all my reviews
What a lovely book, I bought it for my daughter when she was small and she adored it, now I'm looking for the hardback version for her now she is nearly seventeen. She has asked for it to keep and to give to her children one day.

5.0 out of 5 stars A true children's book, 11 Aug 2007
Lauren H (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This is the book that stands out from my younger years. I had it - we read it at school - my friends owned it. Shirley Hughes definitely knows what she's doing when it comes to writing for little children. It is original, it is sympathetic, and it is a cute story. Without a doubt, I recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 8 Oct 2003
By A Customer
I used to covet this book when my big brother owned it, and now I can buy my own copy! I just remember the lovely feeling it gave me: the illustrations, the story, it is delightful from cover to cover. I want my kids to read it some day...

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm 27 and it makes me cry!!!!, 12 Dec 2000
By A Customer
good for the first time reader? ... it's still fantastic after a hundred reads .. i love it

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite stories as a child, 4 Jan 2010
April Slocombe (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dogger (Paperback)
I love dogs and I love this story. Even though this story is included in 'The Shirley Hughes Collection,' not all the pictures are shown, so that is why I bought the original book. This is one of the most memorable stories of the childhood about the familiar moment of losing a favourite toy and finding it again. It is also an inspirational story to young children who have lost a favourite toy themselves. Shirley's illustrations are beautiful and are truly reminiscent of my childhood. 5/5.

Dogger
Dogger by Shirley Hughes (Paperback - 5 Feb 2009)