5.0 out of 5 stars Another great success for my "non reader" !!!!
This book was eagerly awaited by my son who had devoured the earlier volumes by the same author. When this arrived two days ago, he disappeared into his bedroom and read it from cover to cover. He has since spent every opportunity showing off all his peculiar new understanding of the world. This is a chap who never normally reads books!
Published on 7 Mar. 2009 by CAROLYN

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun gross facts, fast delivery, condition a bit worn
Published 10 months ago by Mitram

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great success for my "non reader" !!!!, 7 Mar. 2009

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun gross facts, fast delivery, condition a bit worn, 10 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Why Do Farts Smell Like Rotten Eggs? (Mitchell Symons' Trivia Books) (Paperback)
My 9yo son is at that age when kids love gross facts - this is a clever way to get him learning and remembering things. The book was delivered quickly. I've given it 3 stars because although I knew it was second hand, the condition was described as good, or very good. I'd say it was 'okay', but the pages are slightly yellow and the spine is a little cracked, so not quite as described in my view. i think it's fine for a couple of reads, which may be all we need, but not sure it could withstand too much handling beyond that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining book, 30 Mar. 2009
Jonathan Fingerhut (London) - See all my reviews
Like the other reviewer, my son just loves all of this author's books. I must admit that, when he is not looking, I sneak a look at them and find I cannot put them down. Where does Mr. Symons get all his information from?!

It really is very funny and entertaining.

4.0 out of 5 stars fun, 2 Jan. 2010
Bought as a fun gift for an adult, really well received, have had many laughs and it is quite factual sometimes scientific. lol

5.0 out of 5 stars Mitchell Symons rides again!, 6 May 2009
As with Mr Symons' previous books, this is a mine of interesting information not readily obtainable elsewhere. Apart from the "headline" facts about farts and vomit, within these covers you can find out if there ever was a Granny Smith, James Bond or Mr McDonald, the origin of the word "blockbuster" and whether you really can hear a pin drop. But my favourite part of the book was "Mitch's advice". Buy this book for your son or daughter, and I guarantee you'll find yourself reading it from cover to cover!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read., 17 Jun. 2013
Purchased to encourage my 8 year old to read as she wasn't reading at her age level snd wasn't interested in any books. I came across this,she didn't take it out of her hands. She found it just enough information, didn't find it "boring" or hard yo follow as its not a story book. I ve also read it and enjoyed it. Its a great toilet book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect book to get a reluctant under 10 reading, 13 July 2010
John Morris "Moggies3" (Scarborough, UK) - See all my reviews
We bought this as a filler for our 9 year old grandson's birthday and he loves it. He reads it all the time and then tells everyone all the facts he has learned.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reading book for boys, 11 Jan. 2012
R. Ray (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my son (just turned 10) who is a very, very reluctant reader. He started reading this book to his dad and they are really getting into it. Despite the title, the book is full of facts and figures about every day objects, sayings, and famous people and events. Yes, there are bits about farts but it is educational too! They have read the book "Do Igloos Have Loos" and they thoroughly enjoyed that too. Good book for boys who like facts rather than boring old stories about monsters.

4.0 out of 5 stars Busy social life, 6 Feb. 2014
Can only give this a 4 as I have no idea if the 8 year old I bought it for likes it or not. He has a very busy social life haha. It was delivered quickly and as expected. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye catching title, 26 Dec. 2013
Xmas present for my grandsons. Title made them laugh as expected but the book is full of pieces of information they didn't know. Great book for them to pick up and put down.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Why Do Farts Smell Like Rotten Eggs? (Mitchell Symons' Trivia Books)