5.0 out of 5 stars Had my 6 year old in fits of giggles
Published 21 months ago by K. Wilson

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
My daughters, 5 and 7, have enjoyed all the "Daisy and the Trouble with....." books. However I would not have purchased this book if I had read it first. The story in parts is not appropriate for my children and the retelling of the Christmas story is incorrect. I have provided one example from the text so that others may make an informed choice before purchasing...
Published on 25 Oct 2009 by Catherine C

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 25 Oct 2009
This review is from: Daisy and the Trouble with Christmas (Daisy Fiction) (Paperback)
"He said, "Missssss, if Mary is Joseph's wife but she's having God's baby, does that mean she's been having an affair?"
Mrs Peters went a bit red, and said no, it didn't. It just means that God "moves in mysterious ways".
Then Jack Beechwhistle started moving in mysterious ways in his school chair."

5.0 out of 5 stars Had my 6 year old in fits of giggles, 11 Dec 2012
K. Wilson "skatz" (Denmark) - See all my reviews
First of all I will just say that our copy of this book didn't have the line Catherine C notes in her review, I would not have been happy about that either, they must have edited it out. As I said in the title my daughter found this book highly amusing, she loves Daisy and the fact she isn't a girly girl or a goody goody! This is the kind of book that is fun for the parents to read too so you don't feel like you are just relaying the same old plot again like with the fairy books, even I was wondering what Daisy had done, just like in the other "Trouble with .." books it is revealed at the end. The other thing I loved about this book is Daisy's belief in Santa, too many of these chapter books for very young kids talk about how the characters no longer believe in Santa or the Tooth Fairy and I want to prolong the magic as long as I can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daisy and the Trouble with Christmas, 20 Sep 2013
S Riaz "S Riaz" (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
My six year old daughter is a huge fan of the Daisy books and this is a great addition to the series. Of course, the trouble with Christmas it is is just "tOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Daisy's class at school are preparing their Christmas play and what happened was NOT Daisy's fault...

Daisy's mum thinks it's a disgrace that shops are full of Christmassy things from September, but Daisy would be happy to have Christmas all year round. Meanwhile, she is busy writing her lists to Santa, which include a bike that fires torpedoes and a skateboard with an engine - as well as a fluffy hamster and a million other things. The preparations for the Christmas play made me chuckle (Liam's dad, who said that if his son wasn't Joseph he was going to complain rang a bell!) and the hunt for a doll to be the perfect baby Jesus. Of course, the school play does not go as expected, but I imagine, if you have ever read the Daisy books before, that you would guess that.

This is a very funny book and will appeal to children of approx 6-9 years. If you are looking for more funny stories about nativity plays, I would also recommend Horrid Henry's Christmas Play (Early Reader) (HORRID HENRY EARLY READER) and The Worst Kids in the World.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome and Its awesome again!, 29 April 2013
I really enjoyed this book.
As you might know Daisy is a very funny girl in Kes Gray books.
I would recommend this book to 8~10 year old girls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves these books, 28 April 2013
My daughter loves Daisy books. She has read them all at school apart from this one, which we were lucky to find on here.

5.0 out of 5 stars laugh out loud funny, 25 April 2013
my 7 year old daughter read this during the xmas holiday.
she laughed out loud - and was compelled to read the funny bits to us! very entertaining. i will definately be buying more of these books. she was daunted by the length of the book - but as she enjoyed it so much she read it in a week. brilliant for building reading confidence if you ask me! Recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars extremely good, 22 Feb 2013
I thought the story was funny and exciting. The best bit was when the dolly's head fell off and the curtains fell down on the teacher,

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 27 Dec 2012
Purchased as a birthday present for my Goddaughter. I chose this on the recommendation of her mother.
My Goddaughter is 8 and loves this book and has read it more than once. I went on to purchase the rest of the books in the Daisy series for her and they have all gone down very well too.
Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious Christmas Capers, 14 Dec 2012
My daughter is reading this herself and loves it. In fact every since it arrived she hasn't put it down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Daisy and Christmas - what's not to like?!, 15 Aug 2012
We bought this for my 6 year old's birthday and she adores it. She read it over two nights, sneaking on the light to enjoy it (hey, it's the Summer holidays).

We now have all the Daisy range and they get read over and over and over again.

Suitable for any proficient reader - UK reading band approx gold or white at a wild guess.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Daisy and the Trouble with Christmas (Daisy Fiction)
Daisy and the Trouble with Christmas (Daisy Fiction) by Kes Gray (Paperback - 1 Oct 2009)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available