5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - funny and imaginative. We all loved it.
This is a cracker of a paperback for children from about age 6 through juniors. I say children not girls because although Daisy is primarily a hit with girls, when my daughter (8) was given this as a present my son aged 6 didn't realised this, picked it up, read it and loved it.
Published on 18 Oct 2008 by ELH Browning

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly Disappointed
Published on 22 Jan 2009 by busymum

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - funny and imaginative. We all loved it., 18 Oct 2008
ELH Browning "Esther-Lou" (Kingston Bagpuize, Oxon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Daisy and the Trouble with Giants (Daisy Fiction) (Paperback)
The book is written in the first person in a very conversational manner, flitting cleverly and beautifully coherently between Daisy's life, Daisy's game, the Jack and the Beanstalk story. Daisy has been listening to the story jack and the Beanstalk at school and goes home inspired by it. There are great pictures alongside the text of Daisy and her best friend Gabby as giants in the precinct, at the swimming pool and in the park, as they play together. They also squabble a little, over who's the biggest, best and so on and are so like real girls, any parent reading this aloud won't be able to help smiling.
But on Sunday, Daisy goes to her Grandparents and, looking for a magic bean, she gets a little carried away. That's the trouble with Daisy......
Daisy's a bit of a glass-half-empty person, and her catchphrase "The trouble with....." is scattered through the book, relating to the widest assortment of things e.g. The trouble with trolls is they don't live anywhere nearly as nice as a castle in the sky. In a previous Daisy chapter book ( Daisy and the trouble with Life) Daisy had been grounded by her parents and I found Daisy's continual negativity rather off-putting. In Daisy and the trouble with giants however, Daisy's complaints about silent beanstalks (the trouble with beanstalks and sharp axes is they can't speak) and teeny ice-cream parlours (the trouble with ice-cream parlours is normal scoops are far too small for a giant) were very funny. This combined with an amusing storyline has made for a really brilliant and imginative book which I thoroughly recommend.
And if you like the giant theme, why not try next Julia Donaldson's The Giant and the Joneses.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly Disappointed, 22 Jan 2009
We (me aged 38 and my daughter aged 7) have read and thoroughly enjoyed the other two 'grown up' Daisy books and were looking forward to reading this one.However, I found the theme of 'playing Giants' was slightly too young to engage my 7 year old and she didn't identify with Daisy as much as she had the previous two books. We knew from the beginning of the book that Daisy had done something terrible and that it would be revealed at the end. Both of us just wanted to know what she had done and the middle of the story did not have enough content to really hold our attention. Having said that, the end of the story is very funny! I would say that this book would maybe suit a slightly younger child than a savvy 7 yr old, or maybe is more suited to independent reading than to a shared bedtime read.

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS BOOK IS TOP, 9 Aug 2008
O. M. Aszkenasy (Washington, Tyne & Wear United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I received this book this morning and have read it right through already. I have only one word to say about it and that is: BRILLIANT!!!

Every single line I read of it was good, brilliant even. I was actually reading away while the 2008 Olympic Games was on!!!! My favourite bit is when Daisy goes to her grandparents' house for Sunday lunch, and she wrecks their garden because she is searching for magic vegetables!!! Then Daisy gets told off, and is banned from playing giants with her best friend Gabby. Other bits are brilliant also, like when Daisy spens the whole day playing giants, and when she is bored on Sunday morning.

Well, I've got to say that the latest addition to the Daisy collection is by far one of the best Daisy books around, well worth the wait. Great price too!

JUST BUY IT NOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very good series of books !, 23 May 2014
Ian Newton (UK) - See all my reviews
Read our review on " The trouble with Daisy and Maggots" Brilliant. This series of books is excellent, myself and my granddaughters love them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gigantic fun, 14 May 2014
my 6 year old son really enjoyed this book. he especially likes all the mischief daisy gets up to. it made us laugh out loud.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 2 Mar 2014
Brilliant book, really funny had my daughter (mummy & daddy too) in stitches. Great bed time book, our daughter's 5 and absolutely loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great thing to read to your kids, 26 Aug 2013
S. P. Parsons (Tunbridge Wells, England) - See all my reviews
My youngest has the same name, so we bought this as a joke, BUT, she loved it so much we have worked our way through the whole series.

It is written in the style of a child telling you what happened with a great flow that makes it so easy to just rattle along reading chapter after chapter with your child hooked on your every word, and you get sucked into playing the character's voice yourself which adds extra "actual" fun at bed time.

The Trouble with......this series is your child won't let you stop!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 17 Aug 2013
good book, easy to read, has lots of fun things that keeps little girls occupied, would recommend it for the right age

5.0 out of 5 stars another great Daisy read!, 18 July 2013
What can daisy have to say about giants that can be so funny...... Lots and lots by daughter loved it!

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, 14 Jun 2013
Good book for keeping the interest of a nine year old girl. No need to prompt her to read now, she just picks it up when she is at a loose end.

Daisy and the Trouble with Giants (Daisy Fiction)
Daisy and the Trouble with Giants (Daisy Fiction) by Kes Gray (Paperback - 7 Aug 2008)
4.79