Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 January 2010
Anthony McGowan is a hugely talented author and he's spot-on with this series of funny books for 7-9 year-olds. The voice of the narrator, (Ludo, the leader of the gang) is totally convincing as are the conversations between the kids and their attitudes to family, school and life. Buy this for any six or seven-year-old boy who's reluctant to read - it'll hook him in quickly and make him laugh out loud. Don't miss the other three, equally enjoyable books in the series.
on 25 February 2009
My Husband and I have been reading this book to my 7 year old Son before bedtime and it was great to be as entertained as he was. I suppose our sense of humour may be a bit suspect but I felt as if this may be the type of in depth and amusing discussions our children have when they are all in their huddles in the playground. There were a number of laugh out loud moments and the book has certainly given my Son a taste of the "can't put it down" book. My goodness, he even tried his best to read on when we kissed him goodnight! I don't think this is only a boy's book as I'm sure girls will relate to the bold Jennifer.
on 11 September 2008
My 7 year old son is a very good reader, top 5% of his class, but actually getting him to enjoy reading rather than see it as a chore is very tough. This book engaged him from the start - obviously the title will attract your average 7-8 year old boy, but the story was very well constructed with each chapter ending on a 'cliffhanger' and leaving him wanting more. Not the most perfect grammar or syntax throughout, but I'm probably showing my age by worrying about those! Highly recommended!
on 25 June 2012
I bought this book for my 2 grandsons aged5and 7. They laughed out loud at the antics the gang got up to. Their Dad also enjoyed reading it to them, they couldn't wait for the next storytime to find out what was happening.
on 20 March 2013
This was good, entertaining read. My son and I read it together and laughed out loud together which is always great. We are looking forward to reading another Bare Bum Gang book!
on 22 February 2013
brilliant story, my football playing 7 year old grandson thought it was hilarious, a good adventure story especially for a boy
on 3 July 2013
a very good book if your son or daughter is interested in football and trumping and action.

enjoy if you read it
on 16 July 2012
Bought this as second of two books in the series, short and snappy read, encouring a child who love football, nice cover.
on 7 June 2013
My grand children have read quite a lot of these books and this one did not disappoint recommended for 9/10 year olds
on 1 January 2013
Its a wonderful book with lots of humor which makes me laugh i really enjoyed it.
I would read it again any time