5.0 out of 5 stars The best Redwall book yet!
Published on 18 Aug 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not Redwall at its best
As an avid Redwall fan for many years, I had awaited this upcoming novel with great excitement. I was not intially disappointed, this is definitely a decent read, but certainly not a Redwall classic.
There is a good storyline, a young otter named Deyna is abducted by the evil Juskarath clan, while fifteen seasons later he runs away to seek his home of Redwall where...
Published on 23 July 2005 by Ms. J. Woods

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Redwall book yet!, 18 Aug 2001
By A Customer
If you are a Redwall reader, you will know as well as I do that the Redwall books are excellent beyond belief. However, I had started to notice that the plots seemed to fade into one another and become all to similar. This saddened me, as I did not want my favourite book series to drop in its high standards. However, once I had read 'The Taggerung', I knew that my fears had been in vain. The plotline is unlike any other Redwall one - a true tale of mystery, determination and true colours shining through. If you do nothing else this summer, read this.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! Redwall's come to life again!, 7 Mar 2002
riversarl (Auckland, New Zealand) - See all my reviews
Apart from the original, I think this is the best Rewall book ever. Why? It's just so different! This time Brian Jacques has almost changed the monotonous old Redwall formula (i.e. Random guy gets a summoning from M the warrior to go on a quest, finds the route through riddles hidden in a song... etc). Rolicking adventure is replaced by an emotionally charged plot, with it's joys and sorrows, victories and defeats, and it's refreshingly new, nothing like the disappointing 'Lord Brocktree'. Being the latest book chronologically also has it's advantages, as this brings in a whole cast of new characters (as well as keeping two of the old). And the characters are just great! Sawney Rath, the adoptive father of Tagg who changes from almighty cheftain to old bodger, Nimbalo the harvestmouse, brought up by a cruel father and wanting to prove himself, Rukky the mysterious otter healer... they are all marvellously placed forward in the development of the story.
And there's more. This time Redwall itself is given a new, more organised feel. There's a dibbun choir, wallguards, music teacher... This time there's a badgerlord without bloodwrath, Russano the wise (yay!)... this time there's real friendship, hatred, romance... and, to the disappointment of some fans I guess, not much action (there's not even a main bad guy, and no final showdown)...
I just hope that other books will feature Deyna and his friends, Fwirl, Broogle and Rosabel, Mhera and Filorn, Old Hoarg, Boorab (he actually made me laugh out loud). They're simply amazing characters, and Brian Jacques has simply done an amazing job on this, his latest book...

5.0 out of 5 stars My faviourte book., 1 Feb 2007
Im not much of an intellectual when it comes to Reading books, I dont spend much of my time enjoying it, so this review comes from someone who probably dosent have much of an influential opinion.

I read the first page of this book at my school and thought.. hey this is actually alright so took it home to have a read, and it immersed me into the story straight away. Sawney raths persona is inspiring, he is a ruthless intelligent evil person, who will stop at nothing to get what he wants, which in this case is the taggerung.

He eventually finds the taggerung and slays taggerungs father. Sawney rath chooses to raise taggerung as his own, and although the taggerung is incredible agile and Strong, he chooses not to use his powers For wrong even though Sawney demands it.

I have not read any other book in the redwall series but, if any of the others are as brilliant as this one I will be picking it up any time soon.

A masterpiece.

5.0 out of 5 stars good good good, 17 Dec 2007
I think that this has been one of the best books in the series. I really like the Redwall books and I have nearly the whole series. I liked it because 1. Otters have been my favorite Redwall characters since the bellmaker (which was the first book I read where I liked Finbarr Galedeep the one who slays Foxwolf) 2.The fact that everyone is terrified of Tagg aka Denya and 3. Because this was an exiting story that I found really good.
There was however one bad thing for me, I do not know why Tagg had to get his tattoos and his special birthmark removed!

5.0 out of 5 stars It was thrilling!, 2 Aug 2001
By A Customer
It was thrilling! I couldn't put it down until I fineshed it.It is as they say in Redwall " A good tale should have all the proper ingredients, sadness and joy, comedy and tragedy, with a little mystery sprinkled throughout and quite a good dose of rousing action" and they are all there so you can bet it's good just like the rest of the Redwall series

5.0 out of 5 stars A Tale Of Redwall, 2 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Taggerung (Redwall) (Paperback)
Just One, Of The Many Tales Of Redwall, Amazing Book. My Favourite Book Series, By My Favourite Author Brian Jacques.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Taggerung, 28 Sep 2009
A Kid's Review
This has got to be the best book I have ever read - And I have read alot. This is the best of the Redwall books, and I think it is a definit must have for every Redwall fan. But I would suggest reading the prequels first, so as to get the full meanings of some of the things that crop up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book! a true redwall thriller, 21 Nov 2001
This book was excellent. No need to say more, but i will. The thing that made this book special was the individuality. It stood up from the other books, it was very different. The taggerung is about a mystical warrior, a very rare one. It turns out to be an otter, and he is taken in by rats, and raised by them. This is very interesting, as it deals with the concept of a `vermin otter` an evil otter, and since otters are noramlly considered good, this looked great. The only small letdown is the Taggerungs character. Way too soft, and if he was brought up by vermin, he would have been a lot crueler..but anyway, despite this, please buy this book, as it is first class reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is probably the best one so far!, 22 July 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Taggerung (Paperback)
Do you remember cregga the badger? Well there are lots of creatures that you will recognise in this as well as new ones. This is an amazing story of an otter who is pretty much the chosen one! I wont tell you any more in case i spoil it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another glittering read from the star of fiction, 2 Mar 2002
once again, Brian Jacques has excelled himself. In this, the fourteenth book in the incredible Redwall series, he manages once more to retain a gripping plot, whilst showing how it feels to lose a loved one. The devious plot twists and twines to the very end. This is must for any book lover, and casts a spell on the reader from beginning to end. Brian Jacques - the master of British fiction.

The Taggerung (Redwall)
The Taggerung (Redwall) by Brian Jacques (Paperback - 2 Aug 2007)
Used & New from: £0.01