Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 October 2000
Mariel of Redwall is a wonderful book. It is about the mousemaid Mariel. She has vowed to kill Gabool the wild. Mariel may only be a mousemaid but she knows what she wants and how to get it. Meanwhile at Redwall abbey they are having trouble. Greypatch (one of Gabool's former captains) is attacking Redwall! The redwallers don't know what to do. Joseph (Mariel's father) is also having trouble. He is held captive and won't be released until he has made a bell for Gabool...
on 17 November 2000
I loved this book, Mariel is a really good character, especially if you like girls who take no nonsence and stand up for themselves. Every time I read one of the Redwall series I can't put the book down untill I've finished it!
on 19 December 2000
In the forth book in Brian Jacques' Redwall series a mousemaid named Mariel sets off to seak revenge for the harsh treatment searat king Gabool gave her and her father. The story is set around delivering the great bell made by Mariel's father to Salamandastron. A fast, exciting tale for all readers!
on 12 January 2000
Jacques has done it again! Mariel of Redwall deserves its place among this wonderful series.
on 29 August 1999
Mariel of Redwall is a fantastic book. Her determination is a lesson to us all. Brian Jacques creates a world that is up there with Tolkein, C.S. Lewis, and Watership Down. His words paint pictures for the imaginantion. You can almost the October Ale as you read his villan had some depth and you could really hate him. Many people let the villan be vague, but none of that with Jacques. I wish I could meet him, but he probably does not go to west Texas very often. He is an excellent writer, my favorite living one. His characters have depth and faults like real humans would be. Never ever let anyone tell you one of his books are not good because they are all excellent. Read them all and find out.
on 24 February 2004
i really loved this book; it was exciting, enthralling, interesting and i couldn't put it down. Brian jaques wrote it so well and i could imagine what the land around Redwall and the castle itself was like. It also contains so much, fighting, love, friendship, goodies and baddies etc. Everyone should read this book, even if they are not a Redwall fan. I really enjoyed it!
on 1 June 1999
"Mariel of Redwall" by Brian Jacques is a great book. I never liked "animal books" such as Watership Down, etc. But after my mum brought this book home I've been hooked. Jacques makes it seem like you're really there. He paints a colourful scene of nature and has strong underlying principles and morals. Destined to become a Classic.
on 6 December 1998
Brilliant! I really like Mariel because it shows females can be warriors (e.g. Cregga Rose Eyes) not all males like Martin or Matthias I loved this book but I like Marlfox better!
on 9 July 1999
I thought this was not Brian Jacques' best Redwall novel, but it was pretty good anyway. I think that if you like Redwall books this would just as good as some other ones.
on 25 April 2013
My son has been devouring these books and can't wait for the next in the series. Anything that encourages reading has got to be good