on 23 January 2004
If you are looking for a book full of witty conversation and exaggerated imagination for your children,"Eat Your Peas"is the best choice.
Basically, situations similar to those in this book can be found in every family, but the author and illustrator make them very appealing. If we follow the story page by page, we can see Daisy's mother getting upset and disconcerted. In order to persuade Daisy to eat her peas, her mother abandons her principles as much as she can. She even offers her a variety of bribes to make her change her mind. Unfortunately, Daisy always refuses to comply. As far as the text is concerned, it is not easy for a little girl to eat something which she really dislikes. I believe that most children if they are bribed, will give up their original ideas and accept the bribe, but Daisy doesn't do that. She has a very strong character and gives a good example for children. In addition to the author's humorous writing, the illustrator's vivid drawings deserve appreciation as well. Without these dazzling and colorful illustrations, this book wouldn't be so impressive.
Therefore, I strongly recommend this book to every young reader. It is worth owning this book to remind one of a pleasant reading experience.
on 9 November 2001
This book is excellent to read aloud to a group of children. They really enjoy yelling " I don't like peas!" along with Daisy, and it opens up a great conversation about which vegies they do or don't like; different tastes; and being fussy.
A great book.
on 10 February 2002
What a fantastic little book. Both my daughter and I related to this story as I frequently have been reduced to bribes to get her to eat more than fishfingers and chicken nuggets, and this really struck a chord!
My daughter thinks this is a very funny story, and it has already become a firm favourite. She loves to see the Mum desperately trying to get Daisy to eat those peas. We both laugh at the outrageuos bribes, and she can't wait to get to the page where Mum has her comeuppance! She loves to "read" this book to herself, following the story from the pictures which are fun and easy to follow.
What a gem of a book for children - you''ll love to read it to your child, and it will bring a smile to your face as well.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 6 February 2015
It's not common that a picture book shows the frustrations of parenthood band still makes children laugh. Daisy and her mum do it so well.

Daisy won't eat her peas... No matter what her mum promises her despairingly. Is there any way to make her eat her hated peas? My son xouksnt rally understand why she wouldn't do as she was told but he did find it funny that she kept saying 'no', even when offered a chocolate factory! And as the promises grow bigger, he found it more and more funny.

The ending is brilliant, very funny again, and a wonderful depiction of a warm parent-child relationship.

Daisy is great, we love the whole picture book series, and so will other boys AMS girls aged 3-6. And their parents!
on 30 July 2004
The first time I read this book I was seriously worried: how the hell the mother was going to get out of THAT! I nervously turned the pages as the stakes got higher and higher so quickly. The ending made me laugh with sheer relief.
Now we read together with gusto!
I DON'T LIKE PEAS!
on 3 May 2016
Oh my goodness - this book should be labelled for adults - a must read for all parents who will appreciate the persuasive methods Daisy's mum attempts it really is laugh out loud - oh and my 4yr old loves it too
on 29 November 2007
This is a fantastic book. My children loved it and i've bought it for several of my friends children. I even took it into work and read it to my colleagues!
on 21 April 2012
The story of the girl who will NOT eat her peas and the mom that tries every bribe she could think of, started to get a little long... and then ended very cleverly. The daughter tries to make a deal. Ok Mom, you eat your brussel sprouts and I'll eat my peas... and the issue of the girl eating her peas is over. :) Ha! I guess we all have something that we don't want to eat- no matter what. Not sure if I love the idea of introducing my children to the idea of refusing to eat certain foods (we have a "must try everything rule" at our house), but I could also relate. Cute book.
on 16 September 2006
I first read this book with my son when he was 6, he loved it and it encouraged him to read for himself. It was great for this as there is repetition of items Daisy's Mum bribes her with on each page. Since then My younger children have enjoyed it and my 4 year old loves hearing all the Daisy books.
The story is quirky and interesting enough to keep the parent amused as well as the kids! The characters are well defined and Daisy's personality is established.
[...]
on 2 November 2014
I first came across this book whilst sat in hospital waiting room with my son, he picked up this book and asked me to read it to him, by the time is finished I had every child in the room sat listening (and a few parents lol), we decided to buy it for home and it's best thing I've ever purchased all 6 of my children love it and no it off by heart, highly recommend