Format: Paperback|Change

If you and your child are an Astrosaurs fan like us, you will have no problem enjoying this book. Read the Amazon review above - it describes the book very well. Cows from our time have just been bred for high intelligence, and bright bull Prof. McMoo uses discarded rubbish from the human scientist next door to convert the cow shed into a time machine. Using his technology, in the 26th century mad cows from the F.B.I (Fed-up Bulls Institute) build the fearsome ter-moo-nators, part cyborg part bovine killing machines, and send them back into time to try to destroy human history. Only the Cows-In-Action (CIA) can save the future by preserving the past. Lots of good Sci-Fi and clever childish Moo related jokes abound to amuse any kid under 12, although boys might go for this book a bit more readily than girls. This must be the first book in the C.I.A. series, so I would read it first.

Perhaps the book isn't quite as polished as the excellent Astrosaurs series of books and I find I stumble on the cow names McMoo and Bo when reading it out loud to my son (11) - a poor reader, but there's no denying it was a fun easy read with a lot of good line drawings to set the mood as well. There's also 4 collector cards inside to cut out. The books got 147 pages of large text and most 8+ children will be able to read it themselves with a little adult help. The book is mildly tense, quite funny, and not scary. We now have the next two Cows-in-action books on order. So recommended. Do also try the Astrosaurs & Captain Underpants series of books as well, they are very preteen boy friendly.
on 15 April 2008
I like this book because it's exciting, and full of funny moo jokes. I enjoyed my Dad reading it and reading it to myself. I learnt about Egypt and pyramids. Andy (age7)
on 8 October 2012
I bought this for my nephew and niece (11 & 9) who are fans of the Astrosaurs and also, I noticed they had some Cows in Action books but not this one. I had a peek, and it is very funny. Not especially new idea, but I love Pr. MacMoo, the 'brain' and the ter-moo-nators are like the bad guys. I am not sure my nephews will get all the jokes (like, CIA ''Cows In Action'' and FBI ''Fed up Bull Institute ) but they will enjoy the action.
on 31 May 2010
I bought this for my son's 9th birthday as he had mentioned about these books at school. He then used his birthday money to buy the rest in the series. I generally had to encourage him to read however he couldn't put these books down and chose to read them rather than watch a dvd!! Excellent buy.
on 10 September 2009
Possibly the better of the two Steve cole collections that we have. ie astrosaurs- which is brilliant. Cows in action books are just so ridiculous they are just the best. My husband loves to read them to my 6 yr old son just as much as he wants he hear them!
on 20 May 2010
My 8 year old son, loves this series and is busy introducing all his friends at school to them. These are the first books to really inspire him to read to himself... which is a shame because they are so funny that I was enjoying reading them with him!!
on 5 October 2009
If you like Astrosaurs then you'll love this. We have run through all the Astrosaur stories for bedtime reading and have now mooved on to Cows In Action.
on 10 April 2015
Very far fetched fun for my 9 year old who enjoyed it enormously. Manages to weave a little bit of tudor history in there too.
on 30 December 2014
It was a bit of fun ad very exciting I really enjoyed it and are looking forward to reading the next one
on 16 November 2014