Format: Hardcover|Change

on 15 August 2013
....would highly recommend it to anyone.

It's fab cooking made easy and enjoyable rolled into one. Also, the book itself is beautifully printed and is visually exciting too.
on 28 December 2015
I received this book as a gift but find it very disappointing. Unnecessarily complicated ingredients. Very few recipes that I would be bothered to make. It gives the impression of trying too hard to be different and I find it off putting. I have a large collection of cookery books but this one fails to make the grade for me.
on 3 March 2014
Original recipes, easy to execute. made the kahlua, hazelnut and fennel seed ice cream last night....what a great and unexpected idea.
on 30 September 2013
There are cookbooks that find themselves on a bookshelf or even worse on a coffee table, but Do Ahead Dinners is one of those books that constantly gets relocated from the kitchen counter to your work desk and back to your bed stand. If you have dinners to do ahead with ingredients to be bought ahead also, you will find yourself relying on this helpful manual very often, even as you are on the move to your nearest groceries - what more can you ask for in a cookbook?

My copy of James Ramsden's latest work has a little bit of grease on the front page, splashes of gravy somewhere between the 4th and 5th chapter and is laden with folded pages that has added a little bit of bulk to the book. I use it the whole time.

You definitely won't find my copy of this book as a second hand, and it's certainly not because of the aforementioned stains.

In a jungle of oversupplied heap of cookbooks, this is a little gem that should be bought by anyone who wants to be organised with their dinner parties. Overall, I am a happy bunny with this one.
on 11 November 2013
I have been to the Secret Larder Supper Club and seen how James creates delicious, amazing meals whilst still being able to chat to his guests, have time to sit with us and generally not get in a flap, I knew that I needed Do-Ahead Dinners in my kitchen! The recipes are really original and unique but most importantly they work - the simple breakdown of how in advance you can prepare your meal really helps and ensures that you can create impressive meals but also spend time with your friends, not just ferrying food in and out and quickly eating before you have to get back to your kitchen to slave away. A godsend and a brilliant book!
on 26 September 2013
Have eaten at James's supper club a few times so couldn't wait to get my hands on his book. The secret to an amazing dinner party is a stressfree host, delicious delicious delicious grub and this book is the bible to achieving this, plus i love anything slowroasted. Great pics, great recipes! Loved it.
on 9 March 2015
Fabulous. The recipes are very easy to follow
on 15 April 2014
I was hesitant to buy this initially for my Kindle Fire HD because I thought that the sale price was still a bit too pricy (Times are hard for most at the moment). However, it was worth the approximate £12 that I paid. The book reads well and 90% of the recipes had accompanying pictures-which is very important to me.

I have rated the book 4 Stars because I feel that other alternatives to meat should have been suggested. I don' t eat pork, so recipes with pig ears for example renders useless to me. It would have been great to be told of a substitute. In addition, some of the recipes contain alcohol where again a substitute would have been great.

All in all though, it is a wonderful read and it has inspired me to dust off my apron.
on 1 January 2015
Quite complicated recipes/ingredients. Bought thinking it would make cooking easier but it's actually more difficult. The best cookery book I have bought recently is called Lucy's Food - absolutely brilliant!!
on 28 November 2014
Too much faff for me - super cooks might love it.