5.0 out of 5 stars mouth-watering
I have never tasted anything as delicious as the Honeybuns range, and when I saw they were bringing out a cookbook I had to put in an order straightaway! Although I'm not gluten intolerant, I've tried the full range of wheat/gluten/lactose free products, and the general taste and texture tends to resemble cardboard-bread that has to be toasted to be edible, sweets that...
Published on 13 July 2012 by Tubbs

3.0 out of 5 stars Depends how much you bake
I'm an occasional GF baker for my mother and i bought this book to expand on the other GF recipes i have. the book itself seems well written, though i would personally like an illustration for each recipe otherwise i just can't picture what it's meant to look like.
Before you buy this book, how much baking are you going to be doing?
If you're going to be doing a...
Published 21 months ago by Mrs Vincent

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best gluten free cakes I've ever had!, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Honeybuns Gluten-free Baking (Hardcover)
I gave up gluten some time ago and I thought I'd have to give up baking, because no recipes seemed to come close to the gluten versions. This book was just another one in a string of purchases and initially I didn't think it was a good one.

The recipes are overwhelming and intimidating, I had a cupboard of various nut and other non-gluten flours, so I thought I was well stocked, but after scanning a few recipes I realized I can't do a single one because I don't even know what the ingredients are (although if you know what sorghum is you may be better off than me!). It was put on a shelf and forgotten for a long while until I had to come up with a nice cake to serve to family who don't necessarily know what gluten is and would not appreciate my less-than-impressive gluten free baking repertoire. I went back to the book and found a recipe that didn't call for so many odd ingredients and with a bit of tweaking pulled off a cake everyone wanted the recipe for - the best carrot cake I've ever had, gluten free or not.

Since then I've tried several recipes and bought several odd and occassionally expensive ingredients, but I think it was worth it. The initial investment pays off with beautiful, rich and impressive cakes (and muffins and tarts). I have not used a different book for baking since that first carrot cake and have hardly even felt the need to browse for anything new to add to my vast cookbook collection. The ingredients are well laid out, the decriptions are clear and you even get additional tips on serving for most recipes.

If what may initially look like complexity - at the end of the day everything proves easy to make - and the need for specialty shopping do not put you off, buy this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars NICE FOOD AT LAST, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Honeybuns Gluten-free Baking (Hardcover)
THRILLED WITH THIS BOOK....Being a coe;iac is NOT fun, most if not all of the time. This is a great book, fresh with tempting ideas for you to try, all very easy to achieve, and well worth being kept close at hand, for those "muchie" moments

5.0 out of 5 stars Be an instant domestic goddess...buy this book, 9 Jun 2013
This review is from: Honeybuns Gluten-free Baking (Hardcover)
Never before have I owned such an epic recipe book as this one. I've now baked more than half the recipes in here and every single one of them has been a hit, first time. As bakers of gluten-free products will know - it's not an easy thing to get right! I'm not that talented a baker, but my friends now think I'm fantastic and the source of all my super-powers is this one book.

For the gluten-free, and for the norms, you should give this a try...you (and your family and friends) certainly won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for a present!, 8 Jun 2013
This review is from: Honeybuns Gluten-free Baking (Hardcover)
The person I bought this for was so pleased with it. She had made a few of the recipes and they have come out just perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glorious recipes, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Honeybuns Gluten-free Baking (Hardcover)
I am buying ingredients I did not know existed and am enjoying reading through this delicious cake book getting ready for them to arrive so that I can start baking.

5.0 out of 5 stars OM NOM, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Honeybuns Gluten-free Baking (Hardcover)
I got given this book for Christmas after having written off baking for good. When you bake gluten free stuff that's just like normal recipes only with gluten free flour subbed in, it's just disappointing. But this book's recipes are mainly based on ground nuts, usually almonds, and they're so rich and moist and gorgeous! This might put some people off because it does make baking more expensive, but in my opinion it's completely worth it, because I've noticed that after eating these cakes, I don't feel rubbish afterwards, I don't have massive sugar crashes because they're not just refined flour and sugar mixed with butter. I have to say though, most of them call for a bit of sorghum flour, and I have no idea how to get hold of that so I just use normal gluten free flour. It's usually only 50g or so. It works fine. My favourite so far is the ginger hippo cake, oh my goodness, it is delicious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome flapjacks.... and snowy hill, 29 April 2013
This review is from: Honeybuns Gluten-free Baking (Hardcover)
I always look out for honeybuns cakes and treats (my favourite being heathcliff brownie) when I am out and about - so I am delighted that I can now bake my own! Have tried the cranberry/pecan flapjack - so delicious. And snowy hill too. Have spotted at least 3 chocolatey orangey creations - can't wait to try those out. What more can I say - love the look of so many of the treats (such an attractive-looking recipe book) and will enjoy spending weekend afternoons in the kitchen trying them out.....

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little book, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Honeybuns Gluten-free Baking (Hardcover)
Easy to follow recipies with lovely colourful pictures and great hints and tips.I would recommend this to anyone interested in gluten free baking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum yum yum, 30 Mar 2013
This review is from: Honeybuns Gluten-free Baking (Hardcover)
Fantastic addition to the gluten free cookbook collection. This is not everyday baking but special treats. Yes, the ingredients can be expensive or hard to get hold off but I think that is the life of a coeliac sufferer. The end result is certainly tastier and more luxurious than the, often unpleasant and equally expensive, offerings in my local supermarket. The toffee apple shortbread bars are amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars honeybuns gluten-free baking cookbook, 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: Honeybuns Gluten-free Baking (Hardcover)
arrived in time in good condition i had a big cakes and flapjacks the only thing is its hard to buy ground hazelnuts so i done them myself but they turned out like butter but the taste of the recipes i done is some of the best gluten free i have tasted this book is brilliant

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

Honeybuns Gluten-free Baking
Honeybuns Gluten-free Baking by Emma Goss-Custard (Hardcover - 28 Jun 2012)