5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best
I have used her books for some 25 years now and I've never had a failure yet. All baking recipes are successful.it's great to know that Evelyn Rose can be relied upon every time.
Published on 8 Mar 2002

2.0 out of 5 stars Evelyn Rose v. Florence Greenberg: A personal view and review.
As a rule, I try not to make book reviews too personal but in this case I'm going to make an exception. This book was purchased as a present for my daughter-in-law, an extremely good and keen cook, and although she is not herself Jewish, I thought it might be of interest to her. I have borrowed it back in order to review.

Before I get to the content, I would...
Published 23 months ago by Sue Kichenside

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, 8 Mar 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars Best jewish cookbook- but..., 8 July 2011
This review is from: The New Complete International Jewish Cookbook (Hardcover)
This is a great book and I have worn out 2 previous copies- all recipes are fabulous and use 'normal' ingredients, The only 'but' is it is in a white embossed cover!!! What were the printers thinking? So if you are getting this book (which you should) then also get some sticky back plastic to cover it before you use.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST for every kitchen, Jewish or not!, 3 Jan 2001
By A Customer
An essential book for everybody who wants to sink his teeth into traditional as well as contemporary Jewish cooking ... oh, and into good food. It gives an easy step-by-step guide on the "how", as well as information on the "why" ... foolproof receipes for delicious food from all corners of the world. Not only a receipe book as such, this book gives you some insight into Jewish traditions, and if you have to entertain a larger party, you'll find everything in here too. Clearly a must for every kitchen, be it Jewish or not!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 Jan 2002
By A Customer
I use this book all the time. I love it because it's got some great recipes which actually work and her style is friendly and unpretentious.

4.0 out of 5 stars Jewish cook book, 30 Aug 2011
This review is from: The New Complete International Jewish Cookbook (Hardcover)
This book is great and very traditional! It's lovely and useful to read about the origins of some of the dishes! The only thing that would be more useful to me and I'm sure other readers would be to have more photographs of the dishes! This somehow makes it more inviting to make and also would help to see how the dish should turn out in the end!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jewish cook book hardback, 3 May 2014
This review is from: The New Complete International Jewish Cookbook (Hardcover)
Still in it's cello wrapper. Brand new cookery book. This will be a gift, however I do know that it's a fabulous book. Well packaged, arrived quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 12 Oct 2013
This review is from: The New Complete International Jewish Cookbook (Hardcover)
Have always found Evelyn Rose recipes clear and fool-proof--very dependable to know what you're going to cook will turn out to be delicious. This version surpasses the other editions. The menu suggestions are inspiring and clarity of amounts are very helpful! Have given it to my daughter as a gift as my own older edition is falling apart, but I'm tempted to buy a copy of this one for myself as well.
The parcel arrived within a working day and in excelllent condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jewish Cook Book, 21 Sep 2013
Amelia (Middx United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Complete International Jewish Cookbook (Hardcover)
I have the old version of this book and have bought quite a few of this new version for gifts. The book encompasses all the basic, more modern recipes and ideas and ingredients. Everything works well and like me these new readers will I am certain turn to this book time and time again

5.0 out of 5 stars It was a surprise gift for my daughter - and the book looked so impressive! Thank you!, 19 Sep 2013
This review is from: The New Complete International Jewish Cookbook (Hardcover)
I actually bought the book for my daughter to take back to the USA with her! She didn't actually open the book before she packed it in her suitcase BUT the front cover of the book looked beautiful and so impressive! I look forward to eating some of the dishes she cooks with recipes from this book in january and let you know!

4.0 out of 5 stars The jewish Mrs Beeton, 13 May 2013
This review is from: The New Complete International Jewish Cookbook (Hardcover)
This is the book every mother gives her daughter when she gets married. So some of the recipes will never get dusted down, who cares. the Flo Greenberg is a reliable manual for running a Jewish stable of stomachs from Pesach to Purim and all meals in between. The traditional as seen from so many different Jewish perspectives around the world. I cannot imagine my kitchen without this book on the shelf.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The New Complete International Jewish Cookbook
The New Complete International Jewish Cookbook by Evelyn Rose (Hardcover - 18 July 2011)