5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best
I have used her books for some 25 years now and I've never had a failure yet. All baking recipes are successful.it's great to know that Evelyn Rose can be relied upon every time.
Published on 8 Mar. 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars If it ain't broke !
I was very disappointed when the last edition went out of print.Apart from the fact it was a paperback I loved as it was just the most comprehensive and foolproof cookery book I have ever used. I was reduced to hunting around NW London charity shops for a copy for my daughter (I did find one in pristine condition for £[]) I ordered several copies of this new edition for...
Published on 29 July 2011 by Simone

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, 8 Mar. 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars Best jewish cookbook- but..., 8 July 2011
This review is from: The New Complete International Jewish Cookbook (Hardcover)
This is a great book and I have worn out 2 previous copies- all recipes are fabulous and use 'normal' ingredients, The only 'but' is it is in a white embossed cover!!! What were the printers thinking? So if you are getting this book (which you should) then also get some sticky back plastic to cover it before you use.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST for every kitchen, Jewish or not!, 3 Jan. 2001
By A Customer
An essential book for everybody who wants to sink his teeth into traditional as well as contemporary Jewish cooking ... oh, and into good food. It gives an easy step-by-step guide on the "how", as well as information on the "why" ... foolproof receipes for delicious food from all corners of the world. Not only a receipe book as such, this book gives you some insight into Jewish traditions, and if you have to entertain a larger party, you'll find everything in here too. Clearly a must for every kitchen, be it Jewish or not!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 Jan. 2002
By A Customer
I use this book all the time. I love it because it's got some great recipes which actually work and her style is friendly and unpretentious.

4.0 out of 5 stars Jewish cook book, 30 Aug. 2011
This review is from: The New Complete International Jewish Cookbook (Hardcover)
This book is great and very traditional! It's lovely and useful to read about the origins of some of the dishes! The only thing that would be more useful to me and I'm sure other readers would be to have more photographs of the dishes! This somehow makes it more inviting to make and also would help to see how the dish should turn out in the end!

5.0 out of 5 stars It was a surprise gift for my daughter - and the book looked so impressive! Thank you!, 19 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The New Complete International Jewish Cookbook (Hardcover)
I actually bought the book for my daughter to take back to the USA with her! She didn't actually open the book before she packed it in her suitcase BUT the front cover of the book looked beautiful and so impressive! I look forward to eating some of the dishes she cooks with recipes from this book in january and let you know!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 12 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The New Complete International Jewish Cookbook (Hardcover)
Have always found Evelyn Rose recipes clear and fool-proof--very dependable to know what you're going to cook will turn out to be delicious. This version surpasses the other editions. The menu suggestions are inspiring and clarity of amounts are very helpful! Have given it to my daughter as a gift as my own older edition is falling apart, but I'm tempted to buy a copy of this one for myself as well.
The parcel arrived within a working day and in excelllent condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Original and the best, 10 Feb. 2013
L Dover "Abi'smum" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Complete International Jewish Cookbook (Hardcover)
I have bought this book for presents for people and it has always gone down well, I have an old copy that I consult on an almost daily basis as Evelyn Rose is one of my culinary heroes, producing consistently clear, easy and reliable recipes. The advice on freezing that comes with each recipe is so useful for busy family cooks and the portions are always generous. I would strongly recommend this book to anyone who runs a kosher kitchen.

4.0 out of 5 stars The jewish Mrs Beeton, 13 May 2013
This review is from: The New Complete International Jewish Cookbook (Hardcover)
This is the book every mother gives her daughter when she gets married. So some of the recipes will never get dusted down, who cares. the Flo Greenberg is a reliable manual for running a Jewish stable of stomachs from Pesach to Purim and all meals in between. The traditional as seen from so many different Jewish perspectives around the world. I cannot imagine my kitchen without this book on the shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cookbook ever. Truly., 14 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The New Complete International Jewish Cookbook (Hardcover)
Can't give enough praise for this cookbook and its methodology and freezing/storing advice. Have found every recipe foolproof and it isn't necessary to be Jewish to use and enjoy. The festivals section is informative for everyone. I have the original, a bit battered with use, but so loved, and this was a gift for my step daughter who enjoys my food!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The New Complete International Jewish Cookbook
The New Complete International Jewish Cookbook by Evelyn Rose (Hardcover - 18 July 2011)