Format: Hardcover|Change

on 27 May 2011
I absolutely love this book!! I too was expecting it to be all about V.W's...but fantastically full of all sorts of classic beauties I had never heard of as well as some i had, and evan some people I have been fortunate enough to meet along the way at airstream meets.
Very inspiring in everyway, fab original and unique interiors, beautifully photographed and written with a diverse choice of campervans featured inside and out, as well as the history and reading about the owners.
This book is like going on a wild expansive trip and made me feel like selling my house, throwing in the towel and getting on the road in a cool campervan.
This is a great follow up to 'my cool caravan', I didnt think it would be possible to top that one, but for freshness and originality it sits perfectly side by side.
on 23 May 2011
I would expect to see lovely a Volkswagen or two this book and I wasn't disappointed, there are superb examples, but campers based on a 1970's Ford Zodiac Saloon, Citroen Dyane, Morris Oxford, BMC Mini, Morris Marina and Land Rover? Who Knew? The list goes on, and It certainly opened my eyes to the wonderful world of Cool Campervans, from Airstream to Zodiac they're all represented in this beautiful book.
on 9 June 2011
Brilliant book, Exellent photo`s.. Very interesting campers, showing how stylish these old campervans can be. Also good write up of each camper and their owners.
on 4 September 2013
This is a great little book, full of evocative and detailed photos of all types of camper vans and motorhomes, door-mobiles and car conversions. These are all cars that are looked after and loved by enthusiastic owners, with I suspect deep pockets.

There are some great vehicles in here; the obvious VW versions, splitty's, T2 bays, and the T25, as well as Bedford's, Transits and some really strange car conversions including a 2CV!

I though it could have done with a little more text, as it has a profile of the owner, and a profile of the vehicles, but no technical details. Four stars for the photo's and three for the text.
on 17 May 2011
I loved the first book in this series, my cool caravan, and was not disappointed when this beauty arrived. The book is full of a real variety of campervans, some really unusual, but all clearly very well loved by their owners. I love the photos and styling within the book. Its hard to pick a favourite, as much as I love VWs (as a former owner!) I love the retro look of the bedford ca on p109 and you cant help but love 'cuthbert.' Get the book, you'll love it, and maybe you may feel the need to trade in your ford focus for a cosy camper and a nice cup of tea with a view
on 8 July 2012
This was a gift from my dad when i bought my english vintage camper van, and its a fantastic book. it does obviouly have quite a few vw -but its great to see unique and lesser known campers and even shows a few quirky one offs.
I loved the owners stories of how they acquired the campers.
the book only lost one star as i would have liked more photos of each camper but then i'm greedy :)
on 1 October 2011
Received this book shortly after ordering and I love it. Can't find anything like this in the U.S. Its a great read with great photos.
on 8 May 2011
What a great book - wonderful photo's, balanced with credible vehicle overviews and styling detail, this book is bound to set minds racing about the possibilities of campervan ownership and the lifestyle that goes with it. Although the cover shot features a VW and six are included, this is not another book dedicated to them as is the norm - about time too I say. I love VW's but have been aching for someone to pull the blinkers off and look either side of them, this book goes further and covers Commers, Bedfords, a Transit, Citroen, Fiat and more. For the petrol heads there are close ups of dashboards, rear light clusters and wheel nuts - for the more style conscious vintage fabrics, colour schemes and well chosen accessories. Open this book and you can almost smell the leatherette.
on 3 March 2016
This book does not provide practical advice, layout plans, longshot photos of the interiors, or info about materials used or anything about suppliers and fitters. The photos are frustratingly uninformative with close ups of a partial steering wheel or a corner section of a table. You have no idea as to how these van interiors are laid out or how the owners solved storage and general living requirements. No installation advice regarding power, plumbing, or how the overall weight effects cost of fuel and performance. If you are looking for a book to point you in the right direction for creating a campervan of your own this book will not get you started. There is nothing practical or useful within. Same applies to "My Cool Shed" by the same author.
on 23 November 2012
I had already bought 'My cool caravan' and 'My cool shed', and found that my collection felt incomplete without the third book of this series.
I like this book for cold winter nights, when dreaming of long hot summers of love...