5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent introduction to the Alexander Technique., 11 Feb. 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Complete Illustrated Guide - The Alexander Technique: A Practical Approach to Health, Poise and Fitness (Hardcover)
Based on my own experience with horrible back pain, I'd say that any book which gets people to explore this fascinating field of self-discovery is to be applauded. (I'd also suggest "Fitness Without Stress - A Guide to the Alexander Technique" and "The Alexander Technique Manual")I'd been constant pain for over ten years before a friend gave me a couple of Alexander books to read and I was finally persuaded to take some lessons. At first I was puzzled by what my teacher was trying to show me, but within a couple of weeks my pain had diminished considerably. That was five years ago and I can honestly say I'm been 98% pain-free since then. I believe the Alexander Technique is one of the most useful things you can investigate if you're in pain.

4.0 out of 5 stars good book foralexander students, 26 Mar. 2013
very good diagrams of exercises and movements for beginners like me, well photographed and illustrated. this was an old book but in good condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rather Good, 8 Jan. 2012
This was bought as a present but the recipient thinks it wonderful. For those in pain ... or just wanting a physical and emotional outlet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 July 2014
Great value, good condition, very prompt delivery. Couldn't ask for more.

Used & New from: £0.01