VINE VOICEon 21 October 2007
Anyone like me who has admiration for Robert Cochrane will appreciate this volume. I would buy this in tandem with the Robert Cochrane Letters (also published by Capall Bann), because the two together greatly expound many of his ideas. Of particular interest is the introductory chapter giving an overview of Cochrane's contribution to the witchcraft movement. The only downside is that the anthology doesn't contain some of Cochrane's other articles, but these can be easily found online.

When you read a book like this it really puts things into perspective regarding the quality of many works on witchcraft. Both Cochrane and Evan John Jones writings are inspired and of great interest to those looking for something a bit more meatier than the standard "cast the circle by visualising a blue light" material that makes up the bulk of most books on the market. The great tragedy, aside from Cochranes death, is that there is not more material of this ilk in print, but then one needs only look around at the market for books on this subject to find the reason why!
on 2 May 2011
If you are looking for a book on the old ways then this book would be agood place to start, I recommend as does a previous reviewer that you read "The Robert Cochrane Letters" also. This is witchcraft at it,s best and is not for anyone wishing to follow the Wiccan path.
This book gives great insight to the brilliant mind of Robert Cochrane, he described himself as "The angry young man of Witchcraft", I would describe him as a man of great vision who, was misunderstood and dismissed by some others in the witchcraft movement.
Maybe he did embellish things slightly but what witch hasn,t, I found this book to be inspiring, insightful and very informative.
Robert Cochrane has given much to the Witchcraft movement and in our workings we have discovered that the Roebuck is still indeed in the thicket.
on 12 March 2012
This is a good book to read if interested in witchcraft history,it's not a'How to'guide nor does it contain any spells so do be aware of what you're buying (A great guide to witchcraft is 'Teaching witchcraft'Miles Batty if you can track it down.For spells,'The complete book of spells'by Cassandra Eason contains loads as does 'Everyday magic'Dorothy Morrison)
This book is a collection of articles,previously published in pagan magazines,written by both Robert Cochrane and Evan john Jones detailing aspects of their lesser known tradition.
Alot of the articles are very indepth,even alittle heavy going sometimes,and although I enjoyed reading it,there wasn't much I could actually put into practice as a solitary witch.
The articles were very intelligently written,and I liked the few old photos(check out page two,Robert cochrane really reminds me of Harry Potter!) and I enjoyed reading it.
on 16 January 2014
Good book, I am currently looking at all aspects of the Craft and Wicca - I think that my beliefs are not 100% written in a book which is to expected as everyone is different and that every path though similar in some aspects in others are quite different, If you are interested in Wicca then this is not for you.

Still good read :)