Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 9 September 2011
If you know anything at all about Lomography, you will not be surprised at the quirky content. If you know anything at all about the costs of colour printing and bookbinding you will not be surprised at the typically high costs of photographic and artsy-fartsy books like this. I needed cheering up during a grey and autumnal week and this book worked, inspired and made me smile. A coffee table book? I guess you could even use it as a small coffee table. My 'pre-owned' copy was a fraction of the new price and was/is in immaculate condition.
If, however, you are a straitlaced, 'life is real, life is earnest' type of grouchy old git [regardless of your age ... and I AM 73!!!] then I suggest you give this a miss and head off to the dusty shelves of your local refernece library instead. If you are prepared to dump convention, operate out of any boxes and keep a sense of fun, then go for it as this book will not disappoint. Forget all that Russian sounding gobbeldygook in the above title. Just plain old 'Don't think just shoot' is all that's needed. Enjoy!
on 8 July 2011
I love a good 'coffee-table' book. The type you can have just lying around and people will just pick it up to have a peek at it. This book is great if you are a fan of Lomography (the spontaneous and 'amateur' art of photography). The shots in the book are glossy, well-presented and good fun to look at. They range from the artistic to the downright odd but the variety keeps it interesting. The colours pop and this book is great for arty ideas. Proof that any photograph can be a good photograph - regardless of experience, subject or photographic talent.