5.0 out of 5 stars best book I've read on the subject, 1 Oct. 2012
This review is from: The Alexander Technique: A Skill for Life (Paperback)
I took alexander classes a few years ago after a car accident that broke my neck and almost killed me. after surgery I managed to walk away but obviously took with me serious neck issues. I wont go any further into details other than to say that almost instantly (!) during my first classes my neck felt much much better, as if someone had oiled it and loosened it up, and I was an instant and very surprised convert to a subtle and frustrating and amazing process that went much further than just recovering from an accident.

I borrowed many books from my teachers, across a spectrum of styles and approaches to the subject, (dont bother with the books by Alexander himself, they are a mess, as gifted as he was the guy couldn't write) and this one is the one I liked the best. I have to admint that starting the book I didn't like it so much for a reason I cant really pin down, but by the end I had changed my mind and thought it was an excellent overall explanation and very incisive and clear. Made me much more aware of the "mind, character and attitude" side of the technique, rather than just the physical aspects.

When I recently wanted to brush up on my alexander technique, I bought this book to refresh my memory. Reading it again, I can only say I still like it just as much.

5.0 out of 5 stars A more detailed and advanced Alexander Technique book, 25 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Alexander Technique: A Skill for Life (Paperback)
This author is not a conventional practitioner, his section on the performing arts is really useful and insightful. I loved the bit about kissing, that was funny and also pertinent. A friend has suggested that his work is unconventional, fun and very applicable. If you are studying Alex Technique or just interested then this book will give you a provocative and interesting angle to feed and help you pursue your interest further. Great read and excellent illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 29 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Alexander Technique: A Skill for Life (Paperback)
First book on A.T. I read so cannot make a comparison on the content. It is though very well written, easy to understand and very interesting. Probably will need a second time through. Some of the content is by other authors with more experience on a particular subject (like pregnancy). Recommened.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with purchase, 31 July 2014
Happy with purchase

The Alexander Technique: A Skill for Life
The Alexander Technique: A Skill for Life by Pedro De Alcantara (Paperback - 26 July 1999)
Usually dispatched within 9 to 14 days