5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Beekeeping Book
Just the right balance of knowledge and not too awe inspiring for the beginner who wants to manage a colony without problems.
Also a reference book to come back to when you need it.
Excellent value.
Published on 25 Aug. 2002 by Tellboy

3.0 out of 5 stars Bee book
Excellent book but the kindle version has some of the sentences muddled up which causes the paragraphs to not make sense.
Published on 2 May 2012 by Stuppla1

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Beekeeping Book, 25 Aug. 2002
Tellboy (Manchester) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Practical Beekeeping (Hardcover)
Also a reference book to come back to when you need it.
Excellent value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mr de Bruyn is a better beekeeper than writer, 9 Nov. 2008
Stephen Summers (England, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Practical Beekeeping (Hardcover)
Yes, this book does tell you everything you need to know, and Mr de Bruyn is an acknowledged expert, but .... the book could do with being re-edited to make it more usable to the reader who often wants to know (for instance) 'what do I do NOW with a large group of bees making comb on the outside of my hive---help!'. A step-by-step approach that is more clearly instructional, rather than a genial discourse, is what's needed.

Hooper is the better book for this. 'Bees at the bottom of the garden' is a good, but less detailed, alternative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nearly the Best Bee Keeping Book, 4 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Practical Beekeeping (Hardcover)
This is my other Bible, not as reader freindly as Ted Hoopers Book, but a close second and well read.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Essential Buy for any Beekeeper, 2 Sept. 2010
Mrs. Elizabeth Joy (Sittingbourne, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Practical Beekeeping (Hardcover)
An essential book for the library of any bee keeper. This is an excellent hardback book full of practical tips, photos and useful information for any beekeeper. Well written, and easy for a new beekeeper to follow. Unusually for a book of this kind, I read this cover to cover in a very short time. It will continue to be a useful reference source alongside Ted Hooper's book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Clive de Bruyn, Practical Beekeeping, 29 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Practical Beekeeping (Hardcover)
This is an excellent introduction to beekeeping, marred only by two things: 1. annoying misprints and mistakes. A frog is not a reptile! Larva is the singular, larvae the plural. etc. The book could have done with a good sub-editor. 2. While some procedures are carefully explained in full detail, others are left to the imagination. I could have done with a chapter on queen rearing.

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, 23 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Practical Beekeeping (Hardcover)
A well written informative book that s easy to understand and will continue to be useful as a reference book for years to come

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 14 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Practical Beekeeping (Hardcover)
Being a novice beekeeper I wanted a book that would help me through the huge learning curve that can be quite daunting. I found the book excellent in that it is written in terms I can understand and clearly explained. The book is excellent for a novice and will be a very good reference book for the future as my skills and knowledge increase. Money well spent and many a happy hour spent reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars PRACTICAL BEEKEEPING, 8 Jun. 2009
P. J. LEESE "BOOK LOVER" (ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Practical Beekeeping (Hardcover)
I have been attending my local BeeKeeping organisation and for a beginner I was referred to the Practical Beekeeping by Clive de Bruyn to read. We have a book lending scheme at the Beekeeping meet, but this book is on constant loan and I was advised to buy a copy, which is what I did. I am finding it very interesting and hopefully it will be my bible for when I finally get my bees. I have also bought the BEEKEEPING FOR DUMMIES book, which, I hope, will also help to answer questions I may want to ask. I will also keep phoning the other beekeepers in the club, but there will a time that I cannot contact someone, so to have a good reference book is a must in my book!!

4.0 out of 5 stars new beekeeper's comments, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Practical Beekeeping (Hardcover)
Conversational, anecdotal style which I like. Pictures are mainly black and white and a bit dark. The coloured ones are a bit useless - flowers with bees on, durrrh. Generally quit in-depth and a good useful index.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 9 July 2013
This review is from: Practical Beekeeping (Hardcover)
Clearly written by an experienced beekeeper. I am new to beekeeping and am enjoying the book. It has practical tips and gives data recording advice which allow me to monitor my progress as I learn.

Practical Beekeeping
Practical Beekeeping by Clive De Bruyn (Hardcover - 24 Nov. 1997)