Format: PaperbackChange

on 17 January 2014
I bought the book as I wanted to make my friend the elephant and the lion as she's about to have a baby. I have nearly finished the elephant and the instructions have been clear and easy to follow (I'm relatively new to crochet). I can't wait to see the finished items and my 6 year old has now requested the frog and the fox. Lovely designs and good value.
on 24 May 2014
this book is amazing! I have blown through two of the patterns already and am starting a third one now. Once you understand the patterns (which isn't too hard as I'm a beginner crocheter) you can really blast out these fantastic animals. I would recommend this book to anyone out there who wants to start making toys. Once I finish with this book I'm going to look at getting some of the others.
on 5 April 2015
Although I have been crocheting for a couple of years, I have mostly limited myself to granny squares and blankets, and this is the first time I've tried something different. My son requested the snake, and I was surprised that I was able to follow the instructions quite easily, and actually managed to produce a creature which looked a lot like the photo in the book. I am now working on the deer for my niece's birthday, which is a little more difficult because there are more parts to be sewn together, and then I'm making the rabbit for a friend's new baby. Finally, my daughter has requested the chameleon - I've left this until last because it looks tricky, but I have confidence in the book's instructions. I don't think the charts are redundant - a couple of times when I haven't fully understood the written instructions, looking at the chart has helped me to understand what's required. I so admire Vanessa Mooncie's talent and creativity, and I'm seriously considering buying her "Animal Hats" book, even though I would probably never wear one - just to admire the beautiful designs! I highly recommend this book.
review image
on 20 March 2014
I learned to crochet a couple of years ago and have been looking for great designs that help me improve my technique. This really is one of the best books I have come across: the animals are super cute, and although they are all completed in very easy double crochet (single crochet if you're American) there's always something new to learn. I made the bunny for my friend's new baby and learned to turn a heal and crochet a pom-pom style tail and have nearly finished the chameleon for another young friend's birthday - this is an awesome project, designed to change colour when turned inside out! I often crochet in our local coffee shop and people have been so fascinated by these lovely designs they often come over and ask if they can have a look! Much of the yarn used is not stuff I have come across but I have been able to easily replace it with alternatives from Rowan and Debbie Bliss. Books like this are the reason why crochet is making a come-back!
on 9 September 2014
The projects in this book are gorgeous! Well set out with plenty of pictures of the animals so you can see where you're trying to get to.
on 19 March 2014
I love this book, although I've only made the rabbit so far. The instructions are very clear, although I find the diagrams take up rather a lot of space and are a bit redundant. The toys are beautiful and not too challenging for a beginner.
on 10 February 2015
First of all, all the animals are so sweet I am sure I will make every single one! Also a great gift for friends. I have just finished the frog for my baby and the instructions were clear and very simple! All patterns follow the same logic, so as soon as you have got one done you can make them all very easily. I have bought so many rubbish sewing and knitting books in the past, but this one is perfect! Cute and easy to do patterns from the front to the back!
on 4 January 2016
This is such a fabulous easy to follow book i got it last week for Christmas and i have already made the monkey and the elephant (with two children under 4 this is no mean feat!) The designs are so cute and this is easily one of my most favourite crocheting books i really hope the author brings out some more!
on 14 May 2015
I have had so many compliments from the completed items. The patterns are relatively easy to follow, some techniques are for the more experienced crocheter but I have had a go at them anyway and learned lots in the process.
on 18 May 2015
Plenty of designs, particularly eger to make the little chameleon. It's well written and easy to followand although I bought it to make my daughter a few cuddlies, I'll be making one or two for myself 😊