Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 December 2012
Having purchased Fiona Goble's book on the same subject, i was interested to see how Sarah Keen's work compares.
Mr and Mrs Noah are much more 'biblical' looking here, in their robes (compared to Ms. Goble's in their macs and sou'westers), and the selection of animals is rather different. I liked the owls, chickens and toucans, also the snakes; perhaps rhinos and hippos aren't the most exciting choice of animal, but there is also an overlap of animals with Ms Goble (monkeys, giraffes, lions, crocodiles etc).
Where this book is different is that it contains instructions for knitting the 'props' to the whole story. You can make your own rainbow (stiffened with card) and also a little ark.
I liked it and think a child could have hours of fun with the finished product!
PS Since writing this I've made up several of the items: had to do 2 owls, as someone (adult) wanted one as an ornament. The results are quite fantastic - the mild-faced sheep, the cockerel with its impressive tail, the toucan)...Great buy!
on 2 February 2013
This paperback book is well presented with lovely clear illustrations and easy-to-follow instructions. I would definitely recommend this book to would-be and experienced knitters alike.
on 29 January 2013
My mother loves this book - it has the patterns for an ark and a plethora of different animals. You'll need to find a source of a lot of coloured wools though and when it comes to the monkey's tails you'll need pipe cleaners for stiffeners.
VINE VOICEon 7 August 2013
I really like this book - I've knitted the ark and am now about half way through the dozens of animals included.

The detailed instructions are simple and I've had no problems so far except that I find it easiest to increase by knitting twice into a stitch and the pattern assumes you pick up a stitch. This can cause problems for the counting, but I was aware of it (and accept that the problem is with me) so it wasn't a problem.

The ark was larger than I'd assumed from the pictures, but is disappointing because the animals will not fit inside it. And with a Noah's Ark, I think it is reasonable to assume that all the animals should fit inside.

Taken as a whole though, the book is excellent, the toys are fun to knit and most of the animals look seriously realistic. I look forward to handing it over for a Christmas present to a couple of children I know who will appreciate the realistic animals and I'm sure will enjoy the ark.
on 5 January 2013
The patterns are clear and look easy for a beginner like me. the pictures are all in colour which makes the book more attractive.
on 11 January 2013
The best book of animal patterns I've ever seen. So lifelike but fun, really going to enjoy making this for my great grandchildren
on 24 March 2013
This book is very good instructions are easy to follow. I am knitting this for a friend who teaches small children at a Sunday school.
These animals are ideal because they cannot break and children love the bright colours. I am beginning to wish that the animals went in one by one and not in two's !!! .But I only have four more pairs to go plus the ark and the end result will look great.
on 9 July 2013
Enjoyed knitting the animals. Knitting instructions for the ark were good but found difficulty in achieving the required shape. Had to use cardboard for the cabin and some foam sheeting to line the sides of the boat with stuffing inside. Now on my second ark.
on 2 July 2014
I bought this to knit for a friend's baby. The designs are lovely. My only complaint tis that each animal, bird etc is made up of lots of little pieces so there is a lot of fiddly sewing up. If you intend knitting all the elements it will take a long time because of the sewing up - and a lot of yarn and filling.
on 26 May 2014
Wonderful book loads to do plenty to keep you interested and to keep ur knitting needles clicking and lots of choice for the kids to pick a new toy x