5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book
I think this book is wonderful yes the wool recommended is expensive but used alternative cheaper yarns just look for chunky brand with same needle size whixh is on all ball bands and also metreidge the hats came out great. did rabbit and friends ordered 7 more from this book
Published 21 months ago by S in cornwall

1.0 out of 5 stars Elitist
The designs are unbelievably beautiful, and you will want to knit them all immediately, BUT, make sure that your bank account is able to withstand the excessive costs of the designer wool that is needed. I was utterly devastated to realise that knitting a simple hat would cost me in excess of 30. No alternative yarns are suggested, and the ones which I have tried do not...
Published 22 months ago by Lisa

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 4 Nov 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars REALLY REALLY CUTE, 8 Nov 2012
bookeholic (Peterhead, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Animal Hats (Paperback)
I love this book I can't wait to get started. I have had a quick flick through and love the frog which is hysterical. Someone posted saying book is elitist but can't agree as all yarns can be substituted as long as you go for the same type and check the length of the yarn. The key is to shop around. Saying that I did price up the frog hat and using the yarn they suggest the price worked out at about 10 not too bad I dont think. Hopefully this will keep me going for a while I would like to make all of them!

4.0 out of 5 stars Simply wonderful, 24 July 2014
This review is from: Animal Hats (Paperback)
I love this book! It has helped me make some wonderful presents for family and friends. The patterns are easy to follow, as they have both the written explanation and the pictoral versions of each. The type of wool she has used is clearly stated, making it easy to find alternatives if needs be. There are also two versions of linings included - a knitted one and a fabric one. I have only used the fabric version so far but this has been easy to follow and had great results.
I have found the patterns mostly work well, although a couple of times the sizings have been a little on the small side. That said, I might just have a big head...

For reference, my knitting level is okay but by no means expert. I could follow the patterns fine, and if I found a bit I didn't understand it was easy enough to google or youtube it until I got back on track!

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun hats, 8 July 2013
This review is from: Animal Hats (Paperback)
love this book great hats for kids, or adults if you are brave enough, have made a few different hats from this book very easy to understand grandchildren thought they where great

5.0 out of 5 stars Animal Hats, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Animal Hats (Paperback)
Good book in great condition with a lot of different knitting patterns so there is something to make for everyone

4.0 out of 5 stars Everyone will want one!, 2 July 2013
Annie (Isle of Skye, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Animal Hats (Paperback)
The patterns for these fab hats are great. If you are a reasonably experienced knitter, they will pose no problem. Only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is that the recommended yarn is expensive. If you can find alternative, cheaper versions, you could reduce the cost of around 10+ per unlined hat but the chunky wool knits up quickly without too many fiddly, small pieces in most of the designs. Will be knitting them with young people to sell on a fund-raising stall and expect them to be really popular come winter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fashionable and funky, 30 April 2013
This review is from: Animal Hats (Paperback)
Funky ideas in chunky wool. Good designs, easy to adapt. Also instructions on how to line your hat. Everyone wants one!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it., 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: Animal Hats (Paperback)
I, and also my grandchildren and their friends love the hats. It's now 22nd January and I've made 10 hats since Christmas! All are being used to keep warm in the snowand the teenagers love them.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love some of the designs but don't like the very ..., 9 July 2014
This review is from: Animal Hats (Paperback)
I love some of the designs but don't like the very visible seaming on some of them... I would have to adjust this and try knitting on DPNs.

5.0 out of 5 stars good service, 7 July 2014
This review is from: Animal Hats (Paperback)
good service.Item as described.

Animal Hats
Animal Hats by Vanessa Mooncie (Paperback - 7 Sep 2012)
5.25