5.0 out of 5 stars Early 20th Century Embroidery Techniques, 30 Nov 2011
This review is from: Early 20th Century Embroidery Techniques (Hardcover)
This is outstanding! It is a gripping read, and full of fascinating snippets about the embroiderers of the past, the techniques and products that they used, their stitches and designs. If you are into embroidery you MUST buy this book. I also bought the 19th Century one by the same author - it is just as wonderful. I am going to get the whole series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Early twentieth century embroidery, 25 May 2011
This review is from: Early 20th Century Embroidery Techniques (Hardcover)
A comprehensive overview of the work of embroiderers a hundred years ago. Well illustrated of the works and techniques used. A book that should be on the shelf of serious textile workers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Early 20th Century Embroidery Techniques, 10 Jun 2011
This review is from: Early 20th Century Embroidery Techniques (Hardcover)
This is the third book I have bought from this author and a welcome addiation to my collection.
Good photos and discriptive text with a enjoyable journey through a stitching time in our history.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy This Book!, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Early 20th Century Embroidery Techniques (Hardcover)
This is a must for embroiderers and those with an interest in how the way was paved for contemporary textile work. There are fascinating details of the women who were prepared to experiment and take embroidery forward, plus all the information on how they did it, with beautiful photographs and helpful illustrations of all the stitches involved. I can't praise it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Early 20th Century Embroidery Techniques, 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: Early 20th Century Embroidery Techniques (Hardcover)
I waited a while to buy this book and it did not disappoint. It is such a good read I couldn't put it down. I know I will read it over and over. There is so much inspiration in this book, I can't recommend it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars antique embroidery art nouveau art deco techniques, 30 April 2012
L. S. Sinclair "louise318" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Early 20th Century Embroidery Techniques (Hardcover)
I loved this book and enjoy picking my way through it to enjoy pieces of embroidery. I am extremely impressed with the author's references to old books and embroiders including Louisa Pesel and Mrs Archibald Christie. Thanks to this book I have started an art nouveau style embroidery as it was easy to procure the book with instructions ( courtesy of Amazon market place)
All too often I have read books with tantalising scraps of information and no substance.
I have ordered the other volumes and I know that they will be a delight.

Early 20th Century Embroidery Techniques
Early 20th Century Embroidery Techniques by Gail Marsh (Hardcover - 7 Mar 2011)
13.59