4.0 out of 5 stars Traditional but not twee
Published on 27 Jun. 2012 by Gem

3.0 out of 5 stars not my style
Nothing wrong with the book but on the whole -no offence to anyone- the projects are not really "my style" or are of no use to me in my own home. If it'd been a "Look inside" book, I know I wouldn't have bought it. Anyway, I finally gave it to a charity shop as it will surely suits someone else.

Fortunately, Amazon sells another book with nearly the same title...
Published on 9 Jan. 2012 by waveneyterrace

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Traditional but not twee, 27 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Knitted Home, The (Paperback)
I bought this book for my mum as a birthday gift, having a look through it I'm glad I bought it for her, it is really nice, there are some lovely projects. The obligatory water bottle cover that seems to be in every knitting book but some other projects are lovely, the leaf cushion on the cover is one, but don't expect anything too modern or different from the norm. Lovely photos, easy to follow instructions good, for the traditional knitter. If your looking for something a bit different, modern and slightly younger style try Knitting at Home by Leanne Prouse.

3.0 out of 5 stars not my style, 9 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Knitted Home, The (Paperback)

Fortunately, Amazon sells another book with nearly the same title ("Knitting at Home" by Leanne Prouse). I bought it and am really delighted! I am going to type my review on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars home ideas, 20 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Knitted Home, The (Paperback)
Brilliant book for anyone who likes to make things for the home. Each room covered from the bathroom to the nursery Beautifully written and illustrated

5.0 out of 5 stars kntted projects, 9 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Knitted Home, The (Paperback)
a couple of nice knitted throws and cushion cover with leaves. The flower squares bed cover a real must to make. Lots of novelty bits that look very interesting to make.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Knitted Home, 4 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Knitted Home, The (Paperback)
What a beautiful book. Clear instructions and perfect photographs. I bought it for a present and want one myself now! The designs look very complicated but when you actually read them they aren't and I can't wait to start them. Perfect for keeping yourself or giving if you can bear to part with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars a real favourite, 12 Feb. 2012
Mr. D. Smith - See all my reviews
This review is from: Knitted Home, The (Paperback)
Have already made a couple of things from this book and will make more I loved it. Would recommend it to both experienced knitters and people learning, very clear instructions

4.0 out of 5 stars Knitted Home, 16 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Knitted Home, The (Paperback)
This is a really lovely book. I've adapted some of the patterns and used them in other projects. For me, there were new ideas and concepts and well worth the money. It's not a book that will be used once and then left on the shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully produced book, 17 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Knitted Home, The (Paperback)
Sian Brown has produced a book packed with unusual and pretty designs, well photographed and with clear and concise instructions. When is the next one due?

3.0 out of 5 stars the best designs are on the cover, 29 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Knitted Home, The (Paperback)
not very inspiring. The best designs are on the cover.
Typical book cashing in on the upsurge in knitting's popularity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Knitter, 17 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Knitted Home, The (Paperback)
Really lovely book that I bought for my Mum. She has knitted the leaf cushion on the front cover already and it is as lovely as the picture. I'm sure we'll see a good few more things appear round the house from this book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Knitted Home, The
Knitted Home, The by Sian Brown (Paperback - 9 Aug. 2011)