4.0 out of 5 stars Adorable Animals
This book contains patterns for 15 wild animals, an elephant, giraffe, zebra, lion, tiger, giant panda, monkey, snakes, hippo, crocodile, rhino, warthog, koala, moose and penguin. The design of the book is lovely - the illustrations are great, and there are some really charming facts about the animals interspersed in the pattern area.

I confess I'm not entirely...
Published on 22 May 2010 by A John

3.0 out of 5 stars Patterns for Wild Animals
The knitting was simple, altho' I was unable to get my head round the casting on by thumb !
Knitting the parts was fineand sewing the basic body of the rhino was o.k . when it came to sewing on the 'nose' it was not very clear how this was to go on. I have given up !
I chose 3 stars because I personally had the above issues with the design.

I am...
Published 11 months ago by ACW

4.0 out of 5 stars Adorable Animals, 22 May 2010
A John (Uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Knitted Wild Animals (Paperback)

I confess I'm not entirely convinced by the patterns for the giraffe and zebra, but the elephant, monkey, panda bear, warthog, crocodile, koala and moose are all fabulous, with an endearing charm that will make them firm favourites with children.

The patterns aren't difficult, there is a guide to how to knit, a glossary of terms, and how to do the stitches used. I did feel that by not using the conventional Row 1, row 2 etc... that the patterns themselves might be a little confusing for a beginner, but that's a minor niggle. The patterns all use DK wool (an acrylic is recommended), with 3.25mm needles, and would be perfect for using up stash. Tension square details are given, but we are assured that the tension for stuffed toys isn't critical, as long as the same type of yarn is used throughout.

This is the first book by Sarah Keen, and it shows both a distinctive style, and a great deal of promise. This is definitely one of the books worth getting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Knitted Animal Book., 30 Dec 2009
M. R. Topham "MRT" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Knitted Wild Animals (Paperback)
This book is lovely. Wonderful colour pictures and as stated from the other review with both front and back views, always handy when trying to sew something up. All the patterns are knitted in double knit yarn and no particular fibre is recommended so whatever suits you. I will definitely be knitting all the animals in this book!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars knitted wild animals, 10 Nov 2009
E. Lansley - See all my reviews
This review is from: Knitted Wild Animals (Paperback)
this book is brilliant, easy to follow directions and great colour photography with front and back views of all the animals. Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Knitted animals, 13 Mar 2010
This review is from: Knitted Wild Animals (Paperback)
Really good knitting book, creating fantastic knitted toys. I have knitted 3 so far and all have come out looking great!

Suitable for a competent beginner the instructions are easy to follow, and the 'upright' toys are all based around the same body shape making subsequent toys easy to make.

I would really recommend this book to anyone who enjoys knitting toys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book, 21 April 2010
J. M. Bastow (Yorkshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Knitted Wild Animals (Paperback)
I love this book! The illustrations are really clear - both front and back view !!! I've made the monkey and the instructions were easy and straight forward even for an inexperienced knitter. Highly recommend this book for someone wanting to so start their own knitted zoo !!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful cute patterns, 17 Mar 2010
E. Moloney - See all my reviews
This review is from: Knitted Wild Animals (Paperback)
This book is full of beautiful, easy to follow patterns. I am not an experienced knitter, but with the help of the "glossary" I can understand the terms used in the patterns, and the author also included diagrams of how to do some of the stitches. As well as all this, the animals you can make are very cute. I can't wait to have my whole zoo finished!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book - some corrections to apply., 14 Nov 2012
P. G. Roberts (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Knitted Wild Animals (Paperback)
Everything about this adorable book has already been said! Very cute.

The purpose of this review is simply to direct users to a set of clarifications and corrections that the publisher has issued. Direct links are not allowed in Amazon reviews, but if you Google for "GMC Publications" you'll be able to get to the publisher's website (it's the Guild of Master Craftsmen one, not the General Medical Council one!). Once there, click the link "GMC Craft Book Errata" at the bottom of the page, and you'll be taken to a page of corrections for this and several other books.

Hopefully this will help those who find themselves struggling on one or two of the patterns. Good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, 12 Jan 2010
L. Christiansen (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Knitted Wild Animals (Paperback)
These knitted animals are charming and everyone says "aah" when they see them. Beautiful colour photos and clear instructions throughout. I want to make them all, and will do!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beginners opinion, 25 Feb 2010
F. Campbell - See all my reviews
This review is from: Knitted Wild Animals (Paperback)
I have only fairly recently started knitting and bought this book. I am currently doing one of the animals and so far it has been very successful and am really pleased with it. However, if you are a novice and need instructions on the stiches this book does not really do this. I have been using the Knitters Bible as a reference for some of the more tricky bits which I haven't found a problem but thought any other novices out there might find useful to know! Still I would highly recommend it as the animals do look great and I would agree with the comments in the other reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars some of the best animal patterns available, 27 Sep 2010
C. D. Walker "cath in dorset" (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Knitted Wild Animals (Paperback)
My knitting partner and I are keen (possibly obsessive!) knitters of toys, particularly animals, and have most of the books and patterns available from the past 30 years or so. From this book we have so far made the moose, crocodile, monkey, lion and elephant, and have found the designs to be some of the best we've come across. The shapes are very pleasing and manage to embody the essence of each animal. The instructions are mostly clear and straightforward, and the photographs are very helpful for showing how the parts are assembled. The finished toys definitely have the "cute" factor.

Knitted Wild Animals
Knitted Wild Animals by Sarah Keen (Paperback - 7 Oct 2009)
11.99