4.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from Emma Brennan

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published on 26 April 2011 by Ms. Helen E. Swanston

4.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from Emma Brennan, 25 Mar 2010
This review is from: Making Vintage Accessories (Paperback)
Having purchased Emma's previous book "Making Vintage Bags" I eagerly anticipated the publication of "Making Vintage Accessories", and I am not disappointed. Although handbags would be my main interest, there are several other items in this book that are on my to-do list already. Along with several patterns for handbags, there are patterns for numerous hats, belts and jewellery items that will appeal to those looking for items that reflect vintage styles but use easily accessible materials. As with Emma's previous book, the instructions are comprehensive and the book is well-laid out, with photographs and instructions together and pattern pieces provided separately at the rear of the book. Pattern pieces need to be increased before use, which is a minor irritation, but is the only drawback in an otherwise excellent book.

4.0 out of 5 stars making vintage accessories, 12 Sep 2010
Mrs. P. M. M. Arnott-wissink "pet" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Making Vintage Accessories (Paperback)
I purchased this book, in the hope that it would give me patterns and inspiration to make my own accessories, and it does give a detailed description to make bags, hats, scarves, broches etc. It gives patterns and easy to follow step by step instructions. It uses vintage materials but you can easily use your own type of fabrics from whatever you have laying around. A good book for inspiration and work instructions.

4.0 out of 5 stars a book with original articles, 24 Nov 2010
Blanchard "dvd gym santé" (france) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Making Vintage Accessories (Paperback)
this book is very interesting with very original articles , with it you are a bit carried back in such a way
I recommend it for many reasons : easy patterns, original articles, the vintage trend and the material (wool, tweed ...) which are used

5.0 out of 5 stars Had a quick flip through this as it was a ..., 26 Nov 2013
This review is from: Making Vintage Accessories (Paperback)
Had a quick flip through this as it was a pressie for a friend. I shall borrow it when I can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vintage Items, 27 Sep 2013
This review is from: Making Vintage Accessories (Paperback)
Lovely photos and instructions for all projects. Easy to understand including templates which are too easy to copy and use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Present for a crafty person, 15 May 2013
This review is from: Making Vintage Accessories (Paperback)
Lovely illustrations. In practise I don't know whether the instructions produce something that matches the illustrations. It certainly made a lovely gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars ready to start!, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: Making Vintage Accessories (Paperback)
This is a fantastic book, great easy to follow instructions and fabulous projects to make!
I can't wait to get started

5.0 out of 5 stars Vintage Accessories, 24 Nov 2012
Moose (Cornwall uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Making Vintage Accessories (Paperback)
A lovely book which is full of inspiring ideas. Makes a good partner to the previous book making vintage bags. I dont know about the instructions as i usually ony need the visual ideas to get me going!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 26 April 2011
Ms. Helen E. Swanston "ChaiseDweller" (Nth Norfolk Coast) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Making Vintage Accessories (Paperback)
I bought this book so I could make accessories to go with my vintage outfits for when I attend re-enactment events. I was disappointed as there are no patterns for gloves, there are only ideas for trimming bought gloves. Not only does the author suggests you buy fleece gloves to trim but fleece is also a suggested fabric for many of the hats, fleece is NOT a vintage fabric! Had I flicked through this book in a shop I would not have bought it, I give it 2 stars for the bags and jewellery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Nov 2014
This review is from: Making Vintage Accessories (Paperback)
Wonderful book - I am happy :-)

Making Vintage Accessories
Making Vintage Accessories by Emma Brennan (Paperback - 7 Oct 2009)