5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic
The title says it all, a complete course in stick making, from start to finish everything you need to know. Simple enough for someone such as myself with no experience to follow but also with enough depth to keep me going in the craft for years and years and with beautiful photographs which have definately inspired me.
I love this book and thoroughly recommend it to...
Published on 27 Dec. 2008 by M. Lloyd

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok book
This book gives an introduction to stick making.
I was hoping that it might be a little more precise and graphic in describing the ways in which to make the stick.
Published 8 months ago by malcolm collins

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 27 Dec. 2008
M. Lloyd (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stickmaking: A Complete Course, Revised Edition (Paperback)
I love this book and thoroughly recommend it to anyone with an interest whatever their skill level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stickmaking, 12 July 2009
Mrs. S. Alexander (Sheffield) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for my Husband who expressed a desire to make a walking stick, so he is new to stickmaking and knows nothing about it. He assures me that this book is very informative, encouraging, contains a wealth of information and is an excellent read. I'm sure it will prove invaluable in helping with his new hobby.

4.0 out of 5 stars An old man trying a new hobby, 8 Dec. 2009
A. Nicholls - See all my reviews
As a man in his 70s wanting to do something different, this book to me, was very informative, easy to read and to follow. I am now on my way to completing my first walking stick.
Many thanks to the Author

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, Great Read., 1 July 2009
The best book i have read on this subject, very clear pictures and instructions, i cant wait for my sticks to dry and get started in what i find is a very interesting hobby.

5.0 out of 5 stars OK I spose, 20 Mar. 2009
The book was, and is, excellent.
My only gripe is that it took so long to arrive. I guess thats the flipside of buying it cheaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read, 22 Sept. 2010
This is an excellent book for anyone learning to make walking sticks - gives you all the advice you need with excellent illustrations - very clear and concise

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Book, 16 Mar. 2012
I saw a short film on TV and thought I'd like to have a go at stick making so I bought this book.Fantastic book lots of photos in glorious colour and plenty of guidance to get you started. Even has a load of templates you can use for different types of stick.Small index in the back with web sites to visit to buy the kit you need as well. You can't beat this book for information and guidance to get you started and the photos of the finished sticks are amazing!! I've seen these type of sticks at the country shows and thought they were expensive but now I've made a couple I appreciate what goes into making them, a lot of time and hard work!!

5.0 out of 5 stars birthday present, 25 Sept. 2013
Bought for my Husband who has always been interested in sticks and had decided to have a go at making one.
A very informative book

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent purchase, 8 Sept. 2013
An excellent insight into stick making excellent for a beginner giving straight forward instructions and also showing examples of professionally made sticks giving you something to aspire to plus names and contacts for stick making materials and other help

4.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 12 Jan. 2015
A good basic guide that is written in straight forward language. It is easy to follow and well illustrated, which means that you can go from cutting a stick from the hedge to using your creation without too much difficulty.

Stickmaking: A Complete Course, Revised Edition
Stickmaking: A Complete Course, Revised Edition by Andrew Jones & Clive George (Paperback - 1 Dec. 2007)