5.0 out of 5 stars miniature laces for dollhouses, 24 May 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Miniature Bobbin Lace (Master Craftsmen) (Paperback)
If you're into modelism/dollhouses and you know some basics of lace making (recommended), this is definitivly an interesting book for you. Many nice colorpictures give you plenty of ideas to give a finishing touch to your dollhouses. Make sure you have fine thread and bobbins ready, because you'll want to start right away when opening this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent, a wide variety of projects with good instructions, 24 Sep 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Miniature Bobbin Lace (Master Craftsmen) (Paperback)
I am very pleased with this book. The author has given details of a wide variety of projects with good instructions for completing the work. A basic knowledge of lacemaking does not go amiss but I think the instructions are clear and comprehensive enough for a complete beginner to have a go. All in all, an excellent book for my collection

5.0 out of 5 stars miniature bobbin lace, 6 Jun 2012
This review is from: Miniature Bobbin Lace (Master Craftsmen) (Paperback)
This is a lovely book with miniature lace patterns to do. As a complete beginner it is very difficult to understand written instructions on how to make bobbin lace and this book is no exception. You need to know how to make lace in full scale first before you tackle it in miniature and having a teacher would be more beneficial. Having said that I have the teacher and am learning the craft so can't wait to tackle the items in this book as they look wonderful, once I know what I am doing as I can't make head nor tail of the written instructions for each pattern. Those of you who are adept at the craft of bobbin lace making will, I am sure love these miniature patterns.

Update-- Yippee I am now a lace maker and understand the principles of lace making because of my fantastic tutor. This book now makes perfect sense and I have made several items from it. I have just made 5 bell pulls. Now I can see how brilliant and indepth the instructions in this book are, as I refer back continuously to them should I forget how to do a particular stitch. Now I see that compared to other books these instructions are great. I have also bought Roz's New Ideas book too and made several items from that one. Hope she is going to write another one as I'll be first in the queue.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 24 Jun 2014
This review is from: Miniature Bobbin Lace (Master Craftsmen) (Paperback)
very detailed... and gives great ideas for each room in a dolls house.... has given me a reason to learn how to do bobbin lacemaking

5.0 out of 5 stars Miniature Bobbin Lace (Master Craftsmen), 16 Dec 2013
Mrs. P. Livingston (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Miniature Bobbin Lace (Master Craftsmen) (Paperback)
Yhis is a fabulous book with many beautiful projects with easy to follow instructions. A must for all the best dressed dolls houses.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely projects, 31 May 2013
J. Cooper (kent uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Miniature Bobbin Lace (Master Craftsmen) (Paperback)
I haven't actually made any of the projects yet, but the book looks great, detailed instructions, some more complicated than others, so ok for beginners and more advanced alike. I bought it to do some small pieces to frame rather than for dolls houses, there are plenty of small squares and circles etc, that would look good framed......really pleased I got the book.

Miniature Bobbin Lace (Master Craftsmen)
Miniature Bobbin Lace (Master Craftsmen) by Roz Snowden (Paperback - 31 Dec 1998)
Used & New from: 4.90