5.0 out of 5 stars Briliant and Insightful
Published on 24 Jan 2007 by Happy Han

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear
If my great aunty wrote a sex book, I think it would read like this. The tone is embarrassing and dated.

"With country music and line-dancing being so popular, lots of men long for the cowboy lifestyle"

Come on Pam - what decade are you from?

Published on 6 Dec 2008 by Mrs Flapjack

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, 6 Dec 2008
This review is from: Sensational Sex: The Revolutionary Guide To Sexual Pleasure & Fulfilment (Paperback)

Come on Pam - what decade are you from?

Most of the ideas read like a glossary of sex terms - very boring format and certainly not sexy. The "how to strip for your partner" section doesn't give any advice at all beyond setting the scene - for real advice on how to actually do the moves check out Tracey Cox's stuff on ivillage.com or even better, buy one of her books.

Perhaps this is one for the more mature reader but it is certainly not something you would want to take into the bedroom - more like preparatory reading.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing, 22 Aug 2008
A. B. (Dorset United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Considering the title and all the 5 star reviews, I was a bit disappointed with the book. It's the first sex book I ever bought and I decided on this one because of the positive reviews, however I found a lot of the advice fairly common sense and certainly not 'revoluntionary' as the author likes to claim. The first 50 pages deal with 'sex symtoms' and other more general advice but it's really not rocket science to work out by yourself that being stressed at work, drinking too much etc can lead to less sexual desire!
The tips on 'before play', foreplay and oral sex are ok and left me feeling quite happy with myself, have apparently done some things right in the past! There are some positions explained that were new to me but I would have found pictures or sketches helpful, maybe I am thick, but I had to read a couple of them a few times to understand how to do it.
Overall, I had the impression that the author believed that most adults still have pretty outdated and stereotypical views about sexual roles of men and women what I found a bit patronising.
I would recommend this book to younger people who haven't had many sexual experiences or longer-term relationships. But I think most educated people in their thirties or older probably won't need it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Briliant and Insightful, 24 Jan 2007
Thank you so much Pam Spurr for this brilliant book! I've struggled to communicate with my partner and you've made this so easy. We have two young children and lost the spark but now it's coming back. Through the advice I've learnt how to chat about things that once felt daunting. Not only is this packed with great advice but it's also got a load of sexy things to try. We're working our way through it and having amazing sex. It's worked wonders for us. Thank you!

1.0 out of 5 stars New Cover Same Book, 25 Sep 2008
Bought this book with good expectations as I had found her previous book Sinful Sex very useful. Found that this book is basically a republication of Sinful Sex less the line drawings, which I personally considered one of the most useful parts of Sinful Sex.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC BOOK!, 21 May 2007
I read this when my girlfriend bought it and I completely recommend it. We had some problems in the bedroom so she bought it as a source of info. Not only did it give us a new perspective on what we were going through but also an enormous number of techniques to try. Some quite frankly were real eye openers! Buy this book if you want to learn useful things about your sexlife and have enough very sexy things to try for the next two years.

5.0 out of 5 stars saved my sex life!!, 14 Jun 2007
this book saved my sex life, dr pam has a style of writing uncomparable to anyone else - she takes the taboo out of having 'sex problems' and makes you realise you are worthy of good sex (and how to have it!!) she provides practical tips but with a friendly tone and boosts your sexual confidence..i can't recommend this book highly enough - whether you are having sex problems, or just want to spice up your sex life this is the kind of book that can benefit anyone. dr pam, i salute you!!

5.0 out of 5 stars All about sex, through and through., 20 Sep 2007
I've read the "Sinful Sex", the first book Dr. Pam had and was really, really into it. This followup is all about sex, through and has lots of new materail. She also goes into some detail about "problems" and how to overcome them. A great read for anyone interested in improving their sex life. I also liked "Sex Machine"--Kane and would recommend it along with this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 24 July 2012
I bought this book 4 years ago now as part of an overall strategy to drastically overhaul what used to be a fairly quiet sex life. My sex life is very satisfying now, but I'm afraid to say that it's certainly not thanks to this book. I found it extremely uninspiring and dull. It might sound a bit controversial, but I have the feeling that the tone/language used in this book is not really likely to engage males that much, it feels a bit like reading some women's erotica stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 10 Mar 2012
this is a very good book you can learn quite a bit about sexual positions and how to keep your relasionship with your partner more interesting with sex toys and role playing i get my sex toys from [...] they sell books as well as amazon.co.uk so i would recomend this book if you are looking at spiceing things up in the bedroom department

4.0 out of 5 stars Just like the women in my life ;-), 22 Sep 2011
S. J. Cross (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
Having read the reviews of 'Sensational Sex: The Revolutionary Guide To Sexual Pleasure & Fulfilment' my curiosity was pricked and wanting to be spared the embarrassment of being served in my local Waterstones by some spotty faced lass smirking at the thought of a dirty old man purchasing such a book I ordered it to be delivered under plain wrapper from Amazon.

Its a book which promises a lot however like other things in life the expectation is sometimes better than the actual thing. Its an ok book about an 8 out of 10. I have read a lot of what it contains elsewhere, stuff you might already know, however reading this book does act as a means to spur you on, to be perfectly honest to simply apply more effort, no more shooting the bullets then rolling over in the self satisfaction of a job well done, yes this book can help kick start motivation, encouragement to step up a gear.

I tended to scan read the book, returning to pages of interest, it's the kind of book you can just pick up read a little then put back down returning to at a later date. All in all this is a book like the women in my life, cheap, cheerful, nice to flick through and when finished with can easily be returned to the shelf.

Sensational Sex: The Revolutionary Guide To Sexual Pleasure & Fulfilment