5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and Unusual Recipes in a Lovely Cookbook, 21 May 2006
Emile AULD (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flavours of the Levant Home Cooking from Lebanon, Syria and Turkey (Hardcover)
As well as containing all the staple Middle Eastern recipes, this book contains a number of unusual ones, for example Dill Fritters.

It's a beautiful cookbook, with great photos, and the recipes are clearly laid out, in a nice typeface that's easy to read.

If you're really into Turkish cooking, then I'd go for a book devoted to Turkish food, as the main course section of the Turkish recipes, misses out a number of classic Turkish dishes.

However the coverage of Lebanese, and especially Syrian dishes is excellent.

I have a number of cookbooks on Middle Eastern food, and this is one of my favourites.

5.0 out of 5 stars seductive & quite inspirational., 10 Jun 2006
Tifrap "tifrap" (Brighton, Sussex) - See all my reviews
I bought this book on an impulse a couple of years ago, knowing very little about middle eastern cooking. now almost everything I cook and eat is influenced by it. I have also amassed quite a collection of recipes and other books on the subject, but this one still comes off the shelf more than all the others put together, and I still get a buzz of excitement when I open it looking for ideas. Nada somehow manages to get across a whole different way of approaching the process of preparing food, it is light and joyous, rather than formulaic. I would make this my desert island cookbook.

If you have never tried middle eastern food, get this book now, it will change the way you approach even the making of a salad, for the better. If you like middle eastern food, you probably already have it, don't you?

If you ever read this. Thanks Nada