5.0 out of 5 stars Best Business Book, 14 Aug. 2012
This review is from: One-day MBA: Skills for Succeeding in Business Today (Paperback)
As a result of what I do I find that I have to read a huge number of management books and best practice. Most of these could have been written into 10 page summaries but this book could not. The quality of content is excellent, the conciseness of how it is written hugely appreciated and scope of what it covers highly pertinent for a modern business. If you have a top 5 best business books list, this should be in it. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it - a lot., 12 Aug. 2012
J. A. Wade (Reading UK) - See all my reviews
I've been on Richard's One Day MBA course and he combines a deep understanding of the way businesses work with a genuinely pragmatic and effective approach that attendees both like and find genuinely useful.

The book mirrors this but goes deeper and illustrates points with interesting case studies. The author has led, built and fixed companies across several continents and it means the content is realistic - not theoretical - e.g. from managing a change programme in Iraq.

Well laid out, exhaustive and an excellent introduction to a number of key business topics. I like it - a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 17 Aug. 2012
We run a talent development programme in our PLC for managers who show potential. This year we wanted our delegates to have a better understanding of business before they start the course. I looked at a number of titles on the subject and went for this one because it covered all of the areas we need them to think about (effective business management, commerciality and leadership). Early feedback from the participants has been positive and I think we'll be using it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thinking of doing an MBA, 30 July 2012
I brought this book as I'm thinking of doing an MBA and wanted a) to get an idea of what to expect and b) to gain a foundation of the key principles. This book gave me a great insight and has helped me make the decision that I am going get an MBA. The author gives lots of real life examples, which make the lessons easy to understand and then put into practice.

I think you would find it hard to read it in `One Day', but it is very accessible and easy to follow. The additional on-line content is useful too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, 17 Aug. 2012
I've read a lot of introductions to business and this is one of the best. A lot of detailed information and the author knows what he's talking about. The book takes you through the whole business cycle in three sections, Understanding the Situation, Setting the Direction and Staying on Track, with each section building on the last. I particularly found the `Stop and Think' sections useful as they help you pause and work out how to use the models in your own business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - easy to get into, lots of useful content!, 7 Jan. 2013
The title says it all really...

I was looking for something to help get some real structure behind my rapidly growing business and this title fits the bills perfectly.

I found the book very easy to get into - reading a chapter or so at a time, with some really useful content that gets you right into actions that have a direct impact on your business & management skills.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book. Maybe not fullfilling, 11 Aug. 2014
Nice book. Maybe not fullfilling, but good Basic stuff about MBA studies (even if haven't done it myself, would otherwise be reading the book). Makes sence in every way, but you won't probably want to call yourself MBA just after readint this one... ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended!, 17 Aug. 2012
Recently I was promoted at work. I wanted to know more about strategic business thinking and I brought this book and it really hit the spot! Written in a very clear way, with case studies that bring the learning to life. Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for the anyone in business, 17 Aug. 2012
I did an MBA 10 years ago but this has helped me more in my career. The best way of keeping up to date with the new economic ideas and strategies. One of the best teach yourself books I've read so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best for business and management models, 4 Sept. 2012
This well written book clearly describes a full range of business and management models - it is a good buy. It may take you more than a day to read, but your time will be well spent.

One-day MBA: Skills for Succeeding in Business Today
One-day MBA: Skills for Succeeding in Business Today by Richard Jones (Paperback - 24 July 2012)